Real Site (previously known as Secure DNS) is a feature of all paid versions of Avast Antivirus that protects you against DNS hijacking. DNS hijacking is a type of malicious attack that redirects you from the site you want to visit to one that may look just like it. For more information about this feature, refer to the following article:
Manage Real Site
To disable Real Site:
- Open the Avast user interface and go to Protection ▸ Real Site.
- Click the ON slider and select a time duration from the list.
- Click Yes to confirm that you are disabling Real Site intentionally.
Real Site is turned off for the selected time duration and automatically turns on after this time passes. To manually enable Real Site, follow steps 1 and 2 above, changing the slider from OFF to ON. You can also manage Real Site from
☰ Menu ▸ Settings ▸ Protection ▸ Real Site.
- Avast Premium Security 19.x
- Avast Omni 19.x
- Avast Premier 19.x
- Avast Internet Security 19.x
- Avast Pro Antivirus 19.x
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1, 32 / 64-bit