Real Site (previously known as Secure DNS) is a feature in Avast Premium Security and Avast Omni that protects you against DNS hijacking. DNS hijacking is a type of malicious attack that redirects you from the real site you want to visit to a fake site that may look the same.
Real Site is enabled by default to ensure your full security. We recommend always keeping Real Site enabled and only disabling it for troubleshooting purposes.
For more information about this feature, refer to the following article:
Manage Real Site
Follow the gif or steps below to disable Real Site:
- Open Avast Antivirus, then select Protection ▸ Real Site.
- Click the green (ON) slider, then select a time duration from the list.
- Click OK, Stop to confirm that you are disabling Real Site intentionally.
Real Site is disabled for the selected time duration and automatically enables again after this time passes. To manually enable Real Site, click the slider again so that it changes from red (OFF) to green (ON). You can also manage Real Site from
☰ Menu ▸ Settings ▸ Protection ▸ Real Site.
- Avast Omni 21.x for Windows
- Avast Premium Security 21.x for Windows
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1 with Convenient Rollup Update, 32 / 64-bit