Avast Driver Updater is a PC performance tool that scans your hardware for broken and outdated drivers, and updates these drivers to reduce and prevent problems with your PC.
Avast Driver Updater is a paid product that requires a subscription to use. This article explains how to install the latest version of the application and either activate an existing subscription, or purchase Avast Driver Updater.
Install Avast Driver Updater
- Click the button below to download the Avast Driver Updater setup file, and save it to a familiar location on your PC (by default, downloaded files are saved to your Downloads folder). Download Avast Driver Updater
- Right-click the downloaded setup file
avast_driver_updater_online_setup.exeand select Run as administrator from the context menu.If you are unable to authorize installation of Avast Driver Updater, refer to the following article for advice: Managing administrative accounts on your Windows PC
- If prompted for permission by the User Account Control dialog, click Yes.
- To change the default setup language, click the current language in the top-right corner of the screen and select your preferred language. Then, click Install.
- Wait while setup installs Avast Driver Updater on your PC.
- Click Scan drivers.
- Wait while Avast Driver Updater scans your PC.
- If outdated drivers are detected, click Update all.
- When the driver updates are complete, click Done.
Avast Driver Updater is now installed on your PC and operating in free-trial mode. To purchase a subscription, click Extend subscription, then follow the on-screen instructions.
If you already purchased Avast Driver Updater before installation, activate your paid subscription. For detailed activation instructions, refer to the following article:
Still need help?
If you experience any installation issues:
- Ensure your PC meets the minimum system requirements and your Windows is up-to-date.
- Windows 11 except Mixed Reality and IoT Edition; Windows 10 except Mobile and IoT Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows 8/8.1 except RT and Starter Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows 7 SP1 or higher, any Edition (32 or 64-bit)
- Windows fully compatible PC with Intel Pentium 4 / AMD Athlon 64 processor or above (must support SSE3 instructions)
- 1 GB RAM or above.
- 1 GB free space on the hard disk
- Internet connection to download, activate, and use the application
- Optimally standard screen resolution no less than 1024 x 768 pixels is recommended
- Check that the downloaded setup file is not corrupted. For instructions, refer to the following article:
- If you use third-party antivirus software, try temporarily disabling your protection (this applies only if you do not use an Avast antivirus product). For more information, refer to the following article:
- Restart your PC, then try to install Avast Driver Updater again by following the exact steps in this article.
If the issue persists, contact Avast Support.
To learn more about Avast Driver Updater, refer to the following articles:
- Avast Driver Updater 23.x for Windows
- Microsoft Windows 11 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1, 32 / 64-bit
Updated on: 6/2/22