If you see the error Package Broken or Not a Valid Win32 Application when trying to run installation of an Avast product on your Windows PC, the setup file may be corrupted or incomplete. To fix this issue, follow the steps in this article.
Download your Avast product again
Select one of the following links:
Avast Antivirus products for Windows
Older Avast Antivirus products for Windows
Other Avast products for Windows
- Avast Cleanup Premium | Avast SecureLine VPN | Avast AntiTrack | Avast Driver Updater | Avast Battery Saver
Ensure the setup file is whole and uncorrupted
If the error continues to appear, check the integrity of the setup file you have downloaded:
- Go to the folder where you saved the
avast_(...)_setup_(...).exesetup file (by default, all files are saved to your Downloads folder). The file name includes the name of your Avast product and either online or offline, for example
avast_(...)_setup_(...).exeand select Properties.
- Go to the Digital Signatures tab. You should see either 1 or 2 digital signatures from AVAST Software s.r.o..
If you don't see the Digital Signatures tab, your setup file is incomplete or corrupted. Find solutions in the I have no Digital Signatures tab section of this article.
- Click a digital signature to select it, then click Details.
- Locate the message displayed below Digital Signature Information. Depending on which message you see, refer to the relevant instructions below.
- Avast Premium Security 19.x
- Avast Free Antivirus 19.x
- Avast Omni 1.x
- Avast Ultimate 19.x
- Avast Premier 19.x
- Avast Internet Security 19.x
- Avast Pro Antivirus 19.x
- Avast Cleanup Premium 19.x
- Avast SecureLine VPN 2.x
- Avast AntiTrack Premium 1.x
- Avast Driver Updater 2.x
- Avast Battery Saver 1.x
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1, 32 / 64-bit