The Software Updater in Avast Antivirus reports that Java 6 or Java 7 software is outdated and that your computer is vulnerable to risks. If you try to perform the update within Avast, you are directed to this page:
This issue is caused by obsolete Java 6 or Java 7 software. Since Oracle ended with support for Java 6 in February 2013, and Java 7 in February 2016, it is strongly recommended to install the latest version of Java instead.
When you install a newer version of Java, the installer does not remove the out of date Java 6 or Java 7 automatically. The Software Updater in Avast Antivirus continues reporting the product as outdated until the out of date version is removed or updated to the last supported version.
- Avast Ultimate 17.x
- Avast Premier 17.x
- Avast Internet Security 17.x
- Avast Pro Antivirus 17.x
- Avast Free Antivirus 17.x
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1, 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic / Home Premium / Business / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 2, 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows XP Home / Professional / Media Center Edition - Service Pack 3, 32-bit