To make accessing your online accounts easier, synchronize the data stored in Avast Passwords across all of your devices using your Avast Account. Before you begin, ensure Avast Passwords is installed on each of the devices you want to synchronize your Avast Passwords data with.
Synchronize the first device
A confirmation appears. If this device is the first device you want to synchronize, no further actions are required. Your device begins synchronizing your Avast Passwords data immediately.
After the first device is synchronized, you receive an email confirmation (in the email account registered to your Avast Account) with the subject line Your backup identity. This email contains instructions for restoring a backup of your Avast Passwords. To authorize Avast Passwords synchronization with other devices, you can use the newly synchronized device.
Synchronize subsequent devices
After you authorize the new device on one of your previously authorized devices, the new device begins synchronizing your Avast Passwords data.
Turn off synchronization
You can remove one or more devices from a synchronization group at any time by turning off synchronization.
The device is no longer part of the synchronization group and cannot access any data stored in Avast Passwords.
Self-authorize your device
If you do not have access to any of your previously synchronized devices and are therefore unable to authorize synchronization with a new device, restore a backup of your Avast Passwords data to self-authorize your device. For more information read the following article:
- Avast Passwords 1.x
- Avast Ultimate 18.x
- Avast Premier 18.x
- Avast Internet Security 18.x
- Avast Pro Antivirus 18.x
- Avast Free Antivirus 18.x
- Avast Security Pro 13.x for Mac
- Avast Security 13.x for Mac
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1, 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic / Home Premium / Business / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 2, 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows XP Home / Professional / Media Center Edition - Service Pack 3, 32-bit
- Apple macOS 10.13.x (High Sierra)
- Apple macOS 10.12.x (Sierra)
- Apple Mac OS X 10.11.x (El Capitan)
- Google Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean, API 16) or higher
- Apple iOS 8 or higher