The Anti-Theft feature in Avast Mobile Security allows you to connect to your lost or stolen device and execute several commands remotely from your Avast Account. You cannot control a missing device unless the following requirements are met:
- The device is turned on and connected to the internet.
- The Anti-Theft feature is enabled on the device.
- The device is paired with an Avast Account.
Access Anti-Theft via Avast Account
To control a missing device remotely, follow the steps below on another device to access the Anti-Theft section of your Avast Account.
- Open https://id.avast.com/sign-in in your web browser.
- Enter your Avast Account credentials, then click Continue.
- Click the Anti-Theft tile.
- Select your missing device.
- Select your chosen command from one of the following groups:
Refer to the relevant sections below for instructions to send Anti-Theft commands listed in the command panel:
Refer to the relevant sections below for instructions to send Anti-Theft commands listed in the command list:
Access data received to your Avast Account
When you send the Locate, Mark as Lost, Record audio, and Take picture commands, your device sends data to the Notifications section of your Avast Account.
To access data received to your Avast Account:
- Select the relevant device in the left panel, and click Info.
- Select the Notifications tab.
- Under the Message section, select the icon next to the relevant notification to view or download data.
- A position update was received: This file contains data initiated by the Mark as Lost and Locate commands. To view location data, click the GPS pin icon. A map appears showing your device's location. Click the table icon to open the GPS coordinates and review your device's location, latitude, longitude, and information about accuracy. You can provide this information to the police if necessary.
- An audio file was received: This file contains data initiated by the Mark as Lost and Record audio commands. To download the audio file, click the ↓ download icon. The file starts downloading automatically and saves to your Downloads folder by default.
- A picture was received: This file contains a photo initiated by the Mark as Lost and Take picture commands. To download the photo, click the ↓ download icon. The file starts downloading automatically and saves to your Downloads folder by default.
Customize Lost command behavior
You can configure which features activate when your device is marked as Lost using either method below:
- Avast Mobile Security: Tap
☰Menu (three lines) on the main Avast Mobile Security screen. Select Anti-Theft, then customize your settings under When device is marked as Lost.
- Anti-Theft section of your Avast Account: Select your device in the left panel of the Anti-Theft screen. Click Settings ▸ Anti-Theft, then customize your settings under Protection Behavior. Click Save to confirm changes.
- Avast Anti-Theft for Android
- Avast Mobile Security 6.x for Android
- Google Android 6.0 (Marshmallow, API 23) or later