Installation and Activation
Download and install your Avast product
To download and install your Avast product:
- Click the button below to open our download and installation help page: download and install
- Use the Choose your product drop-down menu to select your purchased product.
- Use the Choose your platform drop-down menu to select your platform.
- Click See Installation Instructions, then follow the on-screen steps.
Locate your activation code
You can find your activation code in one of the following locations:
- Order confirmation email: Purchases made online from the official Avast website receive an order confirmation email that contains your activation code.
- Avast Account: Purchases made online from the official Avast website appear in the Avast Account that is linked to the email address you provided at checkout. For detailed instructions, refer to the following article: Retrieving an activation code from your Avast Account.
- An already activated Avast product: When an Avast product is already activated, your activation code is usually visible within the product via
☰Menu (three lines) ▸ My Subscriptions. This is useful if your subscription is valid for multiple devices and you want to enter your activation code on a new device.
- Activation card: Purchases made in a retail store or from a third-party reseller (such as Staples or Amazon) come in an Avast box or plastic case that contains a printed card with your activation code.
For detailed instructions on locating your activation code, refer to the following article:
Activate your subscription
To follow detailed instructions using one of our activation articles, select your device and product below:
Your Avast product is now activated and ready to use.
Transfer your subscription to another device
To learn how to transfer an Avast subscription from one device to another, refer to the following article:
Products included in your purchase
Some Avast subscriptions are valid for multiple products, and some are valid for just one product. To verify what is included in your Avast subscription, use one of the methods below:
- Avast Account: Sign in to the Avast Account that is linked to the email address you provided at checkout, then click Manage subscriptions on the My subscriptions tile. For each subscription, you can check the number of devices and click Download to view the valid platforms.
- Order confirmation email: Locate the order confirmation email that you received after purchase (usually from firstname.lastname@example.org). The valid platforms and products are listed under Your products.
Try installing your Avast product using one of our detailed installation articles. To follow the instructions, select your device and product below:
If installation continues to fail, contact Avast Support. After you submit the request, an Avast Support agent will contact you to help resolve the issue.
Review the information below, which explains how to resolve some of the most common activation issues:
- If your Avast product displays an expiration message, refer to the Activate your subscription section of this article to ensure your product is properly activated.
- If you see an error message during activation, refer to the following article for advice: Troubleshooting common activation error messages.
- If you are trying to activate a mobile app, refer to the following article for advice: Troubleshooting activation issues in Avast mobile apps.
- Ensure you are correctly entering your activation code (including hyphens). For more information, refer to the Locate your activation code section of this article.
- Ensure that your Avast Account is linked to the Avast subscription that you are trying to activate. For more information, refer to the following article: Adding a missing subscription to your Avast Account.
If you are still unable to activate your subscription, contact Avast Support. After you submit the request form, an Avast Support agent will contact you to help resolve the issue.
- All paid Avast consumer products
- All supported operating systems
Updated on: 02/06/2022