What is CyberCapture?
CyberCapture is a feature in Avast Antivirus that detects and analyzes rare, suspicious files. If you attempt to run a suspicious file, CyberCapture locks the file from your PC and sends it to the Avast Threat Labs where it is analyzed in a safe, virtual environment. You are notified when the analysis is complete.
What conditions lead to a file being locked and uploaded by CyberCapture?
Currently, CyberCapture triggers when you run or download suspicious files from the Internet that CyberCapture has not previously encountered. We plan to expand this condition in the future to cover more sources.
What happens if a large file is uploaded by CyberCapture?
CyberCapture is able to handle large files, but it may take longer to deliver large files to the Avast Threat Labs.
How does Avast protect my privacy if my file is uploaded by CyberCapture?
All files are uploaded over an encrypted connection, which means your data is inaccessible to hackers.
How do I enable or disable CyberCapture?
CyberCapture is enabled by default in the latest version of Avast Antivirus. For instructions on how to update the program, read the following article:
We strongly recommend that you keep CyberCapture enabled. If you would like to disable CyberCapture, open the Avast user interface and go to
☰ Menu ▸ Settings ▸ Protection ▸ Core Shields. Untick the box next to Enable CyberCapture Technology.
- Avast Premium Security 19.x
- Avast Free Antivirus 19.x
- Avast Omni 1.x
- Avast Premier 19.x
- Avast Internet Security 19.x
- Avast Pro Antivirus 19.x
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1, 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic / Home Premium / Business / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 2, 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows XP Home / Professional / Media Center Edition - Service Pack 3, 32-bit