Avast Passwords can only be installed with Avast Security for Mac (version 13 or lower), or separately via the Mac App Store. To remove Avast Passwords from your Mac, refer to the relevant section below, depending on how you initially installed the application.
Uninstall Avast Passwords for Mac from Avast Security version 13 or lower
- Open the Passwords user interface using one of the following methods:
- Click the Avast Passwords icon in the top-right corner of the menu bar.
- Click Go in the menu bar, select Applications, then double-click the Avast Passwords icon.
- Click Help in the menu bar, then select Uninstall....
- Click Yes.
Ticking the box next to Also remove my passwords and associated data results in permanent loss of data if Passwords is not synchronized with another device.
- Enter your administrator credentials, then click OK.
Avast Passwords is no longer installed on your Mac.