Sometimes other programs or services running on your PC may conflict with your Avast software and cause your keyboard to stop working. This issue can usually be fixed with a simple modification to your Windows registry as outlined in this article.
Use the following steps to reactivate your keyboard if it is unresponsive.
If your keyboard is still not working after your PC restarts, contact Avast Support for further assistance.
- Avast Ultimate 17.x
- Avast Premier 17.x
- Avast Internet Security 17.x
- Avast Pro Antivirus 17.x
- Avast Free Antivirus 17.x
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1, 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic / Home Premium / Business / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 2, 32 / 64-bit