To make accessing your online accounts easier, synchronize the data stored in Avast Passwords across all of your devices using your Avast Account. Before you begin, ensure Avast Passwords is installed on each of the devices you want to synchronize your Avast Passwords data with.
Synchronize the first device
Synchronize subsequent devices
If you have already synchronized a device and now want to synchronize another device, refer to the relevant instructions below according to which type of device you want to synchronize and add to your synchronization group.
Turn off synchronization
You can remove one or more devices from a synchronization group at any time by turning off synchronization.
The device is no longer part of the synchronization group and cannot access any data stored in Avast Passwords.
Synchronizing a new device with a new Avast Account password
If you have recently changed your Avast Account password, you must confirm the new Avast account password on a previously synchronized device before adding an additional device to your synchronization group. Follow instructions in the relevant section below depending on your previously synchronized device:
If you do not have access to a previously synchronized device:
- Follow steps to synchronize a subsequent device described in this article.
- When you are prompted to confirm your new Avast Account password on a previously synchronized device, select Don't have another synced device?.
- Enter the previous password for your Avast Account and select Continue.
The new device is now added to your synchronization group.
Self-authorize your device
If you do not have access to any of your previously synchronized devices and are therefore unable to authorize synchronization with a new device, restore a backup of your Avast Passwords data to self-authorize your device. For more information, refer to the following article:
- Avast Passwords 1.x
- Avast Ultimate 19.x
- Avast Premier 19.x
- Avast Internet Security 19.x
- Avast Pro Antivirus 19.x
- Avast Free Antivirus 19.x
- Avast Security Pro 13.x for Mac
- Avast Security 13.x for Mac
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1, 32 / 64-bit
- Apple macOS 10.14.x (Mojave)
- Apple macOS 10.13.x (High Sierra)
- Apple macOS 10.12.x (Sierra)
- Apple Mac OS X 10.11.x (El Capitan)
- Google Android 5.0 (Lollipop, API 21) or higher
- Apple iOS 8 or higher