Avast Antivirus allows you to set a password to protect various areas of the application. If you have already created a password but are unable to remember it, refer to the following article:
Protect Avast Antivirus with a password
- Open the Avast Antivirus user interface and click
☰Menu ▸ Settings.
- Ensure the General tab is selected, then click Password ▸ Create New Password.
- Enter a password, then re-enter the password, and click Create New Password.
- Select one of the following options:
- Require password to open Avast and access settings: enable password protection for opening Avast Antivirus and accessing Settings within Avast Antivirus.
- Require password only to access settings: enable password protection only for accessing Settings within Avast Antivirus.
Your password is set. Now when you attempt to access the password-protected areas, you are required to enter your password and click OK, Enter.
☰Menu ▸ Settings ▸ General ▸ Password, then click Change Password or Remove password.
- Avast Premium Security 20.x
- Avast Free Antivirus 20.x
- Avast Omni 1.x
- Avast Premier 20.x
- Avast Internet Security 20.x
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1, 32 / 64-bit