In Avast Antivirus, various components contribute to the overall protection of your PC. Certain components are installed by default, while others can be added during advanced installation. You can manually install or uninstall components at any time, however, we do not recommend uninstalling components unless it is necessary for troubleshooting purposes.
Add or remove components
- Open Avast Antivirus and go to
☰Menu ▸ Settings.
- Select General ▸ Troubleshooting ▸ Add / Modify Components.
- Tick the box next to the components you want to install, or untick the box next to the components you want to uninstall. Then click Change.
- Click Yes to confirm the change.
- Click Done, or if prompted, click Restart computer.
Avast components are now updated.
- Avast Free Antivirus 20.x
- Avast Premium Security 20.x
- Avast Omni 1.x
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1, 32 / 64-bit