If you have trouble pairing Avast Omni with your router, it is possible to manually set up your Avast Omni hub. Manual setup requires disabling DHCP on your router. You will need to know how to log in to your router to complete this process.
Manual DHCP setup
- Open Avast Omni on your Windows PC and go to
☰Menu ▸ Settings ▸ Omni ▸ Troubleshooting.
- Click Start DHCP Setup.
- Select DHCP - advance, then click Continue.
- Wait while advanced mode is set up on your Avast Omni hub.
- Click your IP address to go directly to your router's login page. Alternatively, open your web browser and enter the IP address displayed in Avast Omni or go to your router's login page.
- Enter the log in credentials for your router and log in to the administration page of your router. If you do not know your log in credentials, contact your ISP, router manufacturer, or network administrator.
- In the Avast Omni app, click Logged In To Router.
- Return to your web browser and navigate to your DHCP settings, then disable DHCP.
- In the Avast Omni app, click DHCP Disabled.
- Wait while DHCP mode is set up on your Avast Omni hub.
- Restart your router, and any extenders you have, then click Router Restarted.
- Click Done to close manual setup.
- Wait while your Avast Omni hub connects to your router and the Avast Omni app. This may take several minutes.
- If manual setup fails, click Try again.
- Once manual setup is complete, click Done.
Your Avast Omni hub is now paired and you can use the Avast Omni Family Guardian app to manage your home network. The main Avast Omni screen confirms that Your home is protected.
To learn more about how to protect your household using Avast Omni, refer to the following article:
- Avast Omni 1.x
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1, 32 / 64-bit