This article is about Avast Passwords installed on mobile devices. For information about Avast Passwords on Windows PCs with Avast Antivirus or Mac, read the following article:
Refer to the sections in this article for instructions on using Avast Passwords on mobile devices.
Set up Avast Passwords
- Go back to the app and tap Allow custom keyboard.
- Tap Go to settings.
- Tap Go to keyboards.
- Slide the switch next to Avast Autofill. Then tap OK in the dialogs to confirm changes.
- Once Avast Autofill is enabled, tap Done.
- Go back to the app and tap Finish to complete the configuration process.
- Tap the Avast Passwords icon to open the app, and read the intro.
- Tap Get started to start configuration.
- Create a Master Password and tap Set. Type your Master Password again on the next screen and tap Confirm.
- Log into your Avast Account to set up synchronization and backup, and authorize your device with one of the following options:
If you skip this authorization step, your passwords on this device are not synchronized with your other devices until you authorize this device. For more information read the following article:
- If this is the first device you are synchronizing, a Avast Passwords synchronization group is created and a backup is stored. The password for this backup is the same as the Main Password for the device (the first device added to the group).
- If you are adding this device to an existing synchronization group for Avast Passwords, you must authorize it on a device which is already authorized. Confirm the authorization message which appears on your previously authorized Windows PC, Mac, Android or iOS device.
- Tap Allow if you want to receive notifications.
- Tap Allow to confirm.
- Go to Settings and tap Autofill.
- Tap Activate in Safari.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
Each time you log into an online account in your internet browser for the first time, the Avast Passwords extension recognizes the new login attempt and offers to save the account details to Avast Passwords. Alternatively, you can add the details of an account manually on the Avast Passwords screen by following these steps:
The Secure Notes section is a place where you can safely store notes in Avast Passwords. All notes are encrypted and protected by your Master Password to ensure maximum security. This feature protects your confidential information from unauthorized access. Add a new note by following these steps:
Log in on a website or app with Avast Passwords
Adjust Avast Passwords settings
- Avast Passwords 1.x
- Google Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean, API 16) or higher
- Apple iOS 8 or higher