In the case of a system crash, Avast Support may request you to provide a small memory dump from your PC. A small memory dump is the smallest type of dump file (64 KB) and includes the basic data of the system memory. Follow the steps in this article to generate a small memory dump in Windows on systems which are not completely frozen.
For information about other types of memory dumps that Avast Support may request, refer to the following articles:
- All available Avast software products
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1, 32 / 64-bit