The Avast Uninstall Utility is a tool which removes Avast Antivirus completely from your PC while Windows runs in Safe Mode.
Using the Avast Uninstall Utility is the most reliable uninstallation method as it removes all program files from your system. If you prefer to uninstall Avast using the Windows Control Panel, read the following article:
Before you begin, ensure you are logged into Windows with administrator permissions and no other programs are running in Windows.
- Right-click the link below, and select Save link as... or Save target as...:
- Select a familiar location to save the file (for example, your desktop) and click Save.
- Right-click the downloaded
avastclear.exefile, and select Run as administrator from the context menu.
- Click Yes when the Avast Antivirus Clear dialog prompts you to restart your Windows in Safe Mode. To manually start Windows in Safe Mode, follow the instructions on the Microsoft website according to your version of Windows:
- When in Safe Mode, select the location of the Avast program files (the default installation destination is automatically selected) and the product edition to uninstall, then click Uninstall. Ensure the progress screen remains open until uninstallation is complete.
- When the confirmation dialog appears, click Restart computer to complete the uninstallation.
After your PC restarts, Avast Antivirus is completely removed from your PC.
To reinstall your preferred version of Avast Antivirus, refer to the relevant article:
- Installing Avast Premier
- Installing Avast Internet Security
- Installing Avast Pro Antivirus
- Installing Avast Free Antivirus
- Avast Uninstall Utility
- Avast Premier 17.x
- Avast Internet Security 17.x
- Avast Pro Antivirus 17.x
- Avast Free Antivirus 17.x
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1, 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic / Home Premium / Business / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 2, 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows XP Home / Professional / Media Center Edition - Service Pack 3, 32-bit