Using the Avast Uninstall Utility is the most reliable uninstallation method as it completely removes all Avast Antivirus files from your PC while Windows runs in Safe Mode. Alternatively, if you prefer to uninstall Avast Antivirus using the Avast Setup wizard, refer to the instructions in the relevant article below according to your product:
- Log into Windows as a user with administrator permissions and ensure no other application or antivirus software is running on your PC.
- Click the button below to download the Avast Uninstall Utility, and save it in a familiar location on your PC (by default, all files are saved to your Downloads folder). Download Avast Uninstall Utility
- Right-click the downloaded
avastclear.exefile, and select Run as administrator from the context menu.
- If prompted by the User Account Control dialog for permissions, click Yes (or Continue on older versions of Windows).
- Click Yes when the Avast Antivirus Clear dialog prompts you to restart your Windows in Safe Mode.
- When in Safe Mode, select the location of the Avast program files (the default installation destination is automatically selected) and the product edition to uninstall, then click Uninstall.
- Wait while utility removes all Avast Antivirus files from your PC.
- When the confirmation dialog appears, click Restart computer to complete the uninstallation.
After your PC restarts, Avast Antivirus is completely removed from your system. Your PC is no longer protected by Avast against malware and other threats.
To reinstall your preferred version of Avast Antivirus, refer to the instructions in the relevant article below according to your product:
- Avast Free Antivirus 20.x
- Avast Premium Security 20.x
- Avast Omni 1.x
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1, 32 / 64-bit