When diagnosing performance or compatibility issues, Avast Support may request you to provide a kernel memory dump from you PC. A kernel memory dump file is generated automatically during a PC crash and includes all the memory in use by the kernel. Follow the steps in this article to generate a complete memory dump in Windows on systems which are not completely frozen.
- All available Avast software products
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1, 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic / Home Premium / Business / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 2, 32 / 64-bit