What is Avast Mobile Security?
Avast Mobile Security for Android is a security app that protects mobile devices from unwanted phishing, malware, and spyware, as well as malicious viruses such as trojans. In addition, the embedded Anti-Theft feature allows you to locate and track your lost or stolen device on a map with our web-based mobile tracking that uses GPS and other triangulation methods.
Avast Mobile Security for iOS is an app designed to protect your privacy online, securely store your photos, block dangerous websites, and alert you if any of your personal data linked to your email address has been leaked online.
How does Avast Mobile Security protect my device?
Avast Mobile Security protects your Android device from known malware and threats, and monitors data going in and out according to your preferences. We do our best to protect your device against all possible threats, but no solution is 100% effective.
Like all products on the Android market, it is subject to limitations imposed by the operating system version that is running on the device. It cannot protect against exploits targeting specific vulnerabilities in the OS kernel, the network stack and other fundamental parts of the system. However, we take our role in the security industry seriously, and continuously work with Android vendors to develop future solutions to minimize the risk of attacks.
How much battery does Avast Mobile Security use?
Avast Mobile Security for Android is designed to have minimal impact on battery life. Testing across multiple devices shows that all services by this app generally take up less than 5% of battery consumption (by comparison, the Launcher can take up about 15% and Gmail about 8%). Avast Mobile Security can reach maximally 20% battery usage at the peak of CPU use (about 30-60 seconds).
Download and Installation
What are the system requirements for Avast Mobile Security?
- Google Android 8.0 (Oreo, API 26) or later
- Internet connection to download, activate, and maintain app updates
Avast Mobile Security supports both Android phones and tablets. The app is compatible with all ARM Android devices. However, each vendor or manufacturer makes slight changes in their devices, so some features may behave unexpectedly or, in rare cases, not work. Please note that Avast cannot cover all vendor customizations to the OS. However, we gladly accept feedback if you experience any compatibility issues on your Android device.
If you are using a custom ROM, the app may not work as expected. Report any feedback regarding this issue to Avast Support.
- Devices running Google Android 5.1 (Lollipop, API 22) or lower. However, if you are using an older version of Avast Mobile Security on those systems, you can still receive updates to the virus database.
- Symbian, iOS, Microsoft Windows Phone/Mobile, Bada, WebOS, or any mobile operating system other than Android. This app does not work on iPhone or iPad devices.
You can install and run the latest version of Avast Mobile Security on any iOS device capable of running iOS 14.0 or later.
How do I download and install Avast Mobile Security?
For detailed installation and activation instructions, refer to the following articles:
Subscription and Activation
What are the benefits of an Avast Mobile Security Premium subscription?
Avast Mobile Security Premium is the paid version of the app. With a paid Premium subscription, you can take advantage of the following premium features:
- Remove ads: Eliminate third-party ads from your Avast Mobile Security experience.
- App Lock: Protect access to your apps with a PIN.
- Automatic scan: Allows you to set a day of the week and time for the app to scan your device automatically.
- Scam Protection: Scan links before opening in your browser to protect you from phishing scam websites.
- Photo Vault: Secure storage of an unlimited number of photos.
- Avast Direct Support: Receive prioritized responses to your support inquiries.
- VPN Secure Protection: Protect your privacy by using a VPN (Virtual Private Network) to ensure no one can spy on your online activity.
- Unlimited Data Breach Monitoring: Monitor multiple email accounts and immediately receive a notification if any of your personal data is found leaked online.
- Unlimited Photo Vault: Lock an unlimited number of photos in an encrypted vault so that only you have access to them.
In addition to Avast Mobile Security Premium for Android, we also offer the following paid products:
- Avast Mobile Pro Plus: Includes Avast Mobile Security Premium for Android, and Avast Cleanup Premium for Android (each for use on up to 5 Android devices simultaneously).
- Avast Mobile Ultimate: Comes with all products included in Avast Mobile Pro Plus, and additionally includes either the VPN feature within Avast Mobile Security for Android, or Avast SecureLine VPN for Android (each for use on up to 5 Android devices simultaneously).
How can I purchase a paid version of Avast Mobile Security?
- Tap Upgrade in the top-right corner of the main app screen.
- Select your preferred product, then tap Upgrade now.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the transaction.
When the transaction completes, your subscription activates automatically on the device used for purchase. Your purchased subscription is valid on all devices that are connected to your Google Account and have Avast Mobile Security installed.
How do I upgrade to Avast Mobile Security Premium?
- Tap the Avast Mobile Security icon on the Home screen of your device to open the app.
- Tap Upgrade in the top-right corner.
- Select your preferred subscription plan.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the purchase.
Avast Mobile Security Premium activates automatically on your iOS device.
Is my subscription for Avast Mobile Security Premium also valid for other paid Avast apps?
No. If you purchase Avast Mobile Security Premium, your subscription is valid only for this app. Avast Mobile Pro Plus and Avast Mobile Ultimate also include a subscription for other paid Avast Android apps.
No. If you purchase Avast Mobile Security Premium for iOS, your subscription is only valid for this app on an iOS device.
What happens if I upgrade from my current subscription to a different subscription?
When you upgrade from one paid version of Avast Mobile Security to another (for example, from Avast Mobile Security Premium to Avast Mobile Ultimate), Google Play Store automatically calculates how much of your original subscription was unused. To compensate you for the value of this unused subscription, you receive free access to the new paid product for a limited time period. This means that you are not immediately charged when you activate your new paid subscription. The length of your free access period depends on how much of your original subscription was unused. When the free access period ends, your new paid subscription automatically begins and you are charged for your chosen subscription plan (1 year or 1 month). The date of your first payment is displayed during the subscription upgrade.
How can I start using my Avast Mobile Security subscription on another Android device?
When you purchase a paid version of Avast Mobile Security via Google Play Store, your subscription activates automatically on the Android device you use to make the purchase. To start using your subscription on a new Android device:
- Sign in to Google Play Store on the new device, using the same Google Account you used to purchase Avast Mobile Security.
- Download and install the latest version of Avast Mobile Security from Google Play Store.
- After installation, open Avast Mobile Security and tap Get started ▸ Next.
- Tap Already purchased? ▸ Restore from Google Play.
Avast Mobile Security automatically retrieves and activates your subscription from Google Play Store.
How can I cancel a paid Avast Mobile Security subscription?
Uninstalling Avast Mobile Security from your Android device does not cancel your paid subscription, and you will continue to be charged for the subscription until you cancel it. To cancel a subscription, ensure that you are signed into Google Play Store with the Google Account that you used to purchase the subscription, then follow these steps:
- On the Home screen of your device, tap the Google Play Store icon to open the store.
- Tap the user icon in the top-right corner, then select Payments & subscriptions ▸ Subscriptions.
- Tap the subscription you want to cancel and select Cancel Subscription.
Google Play Store confirms the subscription is canceled. Your subscription is canceled and will stop at the end of the current billing cycle.
Uninstalling Avast Mobile Security from your iOS device does not cancel your paid subscription, and you will continue to be charged for the subscription until you cancel it. To cancel a subscription purchased via the App Store, refer to the following Apple Support article:
What can I do if Avast Mobile Security does not detect my paid subscription?
In rare cases, Avast Mobile Security does not detect your valid subscription and displays the No subscriptions found message when you try to restore your subscription. For instructions to resolve this issue, refer to the following article:
Is there a free-trial option for Avast Mobile Security Premium?
Yes. The free trial allows you to use all premium features for either 7 or 14 days free of charge. The 7-day free trial activates automatically when you select a monthly Avast Mobile Security Premium subscription, and the 14-day free trial activates automatically when you select a yearly Avast Mobile Security Premium subscription. Once the free trial period ends, your Avast Mobile Security Premium subscription starts automatically.
How can I reactivate my subscription?
If you previously purchased an Avast Mobile Security Premium subscription via the App Store and want to reactivate your subscription, for example on a new or reset device, follow these steps:
- Ensure you are logged in to the App Store with the Apple ID that was used to purchase Avast Mobile Security Premium.
- Install Avast Mobile Security.
- Open Avast Mobile Security and tap Not now.
- Tap Upgrade in the top-right corner.
- Tap Already purchased?, then select Restore from iTunes.
Avast Mobile Security connects to the App Store and automatically activates the subscription on your iOS device.
For more information about activating Avast Mobile Security for iOS, refer to the following article:
What is Scan now?
The Scan now button on the main app screen scans all apps installed on your device and informs you about security risks caused by changes in default Android settings.
Avast Mobile Security automatically scans newly installed apps the first time they are run. If malware is detected, Avast Mobile Security offers to uninstall the app or to delete the file. If an app or file is incorrectly identified as malware, you can report the false-positive detection directly to Avast Threat Labs.
To schedule automatic scans, tap Explore ▸ Scan Center and select Automatically scan for threats. Ensure the slider is green (ON), and select the Scan days and Scan time when you want the scan to automatically run.
What is Hack alerts?
Hack alerts monitors all of the accounts connected to your email address and notifies you if there has been a hack or leak.
To check for leaked passwords:
- Tap Hack alerts.
- Sign in to an email account or continue with a previously connected account.
- Wait while Avast Mobile Security scans for leaked data involving your email address.
The scan results show any affected online accounts or the message No leaks found.
Once Hack Alerts is enabled, you can manually check for leaks any time by tapping Check now, adding an email address to check, and tapping Check data breaches.
What is Clean junk?
When you tap the Clean junk tile on the main app screen, Avast Mobile Security analyzes your device and displays the amount of storage space that is being used by junk files. You can view the specific types of junk files on your device by tapping the Quick Clean tile. Untick any items that you don't want to clean, then release space on your device by tapping Clean now.
The Clean junk feature cleans three types of files:
- Temporary app files: Temporary data that can be deleted with no impact on app functionality.
- Used installation files: APK files used by sources other than Google Play.
- Advertisement cache: Data from folders where ad systems save their resources.
To free more space, install the Avast Cleanup app directly from the Quick Clean results screen.
What is Scan Wi-Fi / Network Inspector?
The Scan Wi-Fi tile on the main app screen scans your network for problems with your router, encryption, Wi-Fi, and connection. When this action is complete, the app advises whether the network you are connected to is safe. Any detected issues are described, along with instructions to resolve the issues. After scanning, the Scan Wi-Fi tile changes to Check speed.
What is Check Speed / Wi-Fi Speed Test?
Once the Wi-Fi network that you are currently connected to has been scanned for problems using Scan Wi-Fi, the Scan Wi-Fi tile becomes Check speed. When you tap Check speed, the app measures and rates your network's current download and upload speeds. This feature is also accessible via Explore ▸ Wi-Fi Speed Test.
What is Web Shield?
Web Shield automatically blocks malicious URLs that could harm your device or steal info like your personal data or passwords. You can always unblock these URLs at your own risk, or add additional websites to the blocked list. Web Shield also warns you when you visit a potentially sensitive website, and advises you to turn on your VPN for additional protection.
To access Web Shield, tap Explore ▸ Web Shield.
What is Scam Protection?
Scam Protection is a premium feature that protects you from being exposed to phishing scam websites that might attempt to steal your credit card information, passwords, and other personal information.
When enabled, Avast Mobile Security opens behind the scenes to quickly scan links from outside of your web browser (for example, from an email, SMS, or messaging app). If the link is safe, it opens in your default browser as usual. If the link is dangerous, it displays a pop-up warning so that you can decide to return to safety or continue at your own risk. To enable this feature:
- Tap Explore ▸ Scam Protection.
- If you are using Scam Protection for the first time, tap Start setup. Alternatively, tap Turn on.
- Tap Set default browser to open your device settings.
- Tap Browser app, then select Avast Mobile Security as your default web browser in your Android settings. This requirement is only a system formality so that Avast Mobile Security can scan for threats. Scam Protection is designed to open a link in a third-party web browser after checking it.
The location of default browser app preferences within the Android settings may differ by Android version or device manufacturer. For example, go to Settings ▸ Application ▸ Advanced (if applicable) ▸ Default application ▸ Browser app to set Avast Mobile Security as your default browser.
Scam Protection is now enabled.
What is App Lock?
App Lock is a premium feature available in Avast Mobile Security Premium that protects your sensitive apps with a PIN or pattern. If you are able to unlock your device with a fingerprint, you can also use this option for App Lock. To enable this feature:
- Tap Explore ▸ App Lock.
- If you are using App Lock for the first time, tap Get started.
- If prompted, follow the on-screen instructions to Set up PIN and Grant permissions. You can optionally define a swipe pattern or set up fingerprint unlocking.
- Tap Enable app lock.
- To protect an app, tap the relevant slider so that it changes to green (ON). Locked apps appear under Locked apps. Unlocked apps appear under Recommended apps.
Once App Lock is enabled, you can modify your App Lock settings by tapping
⋮ More options (three dots) ▸ Settings in the top-right corner of the main App Lock screen. The following options are available:
- Select PIN & pattern to create or change your PIN, set a pattern, or set up fingerprint unlocking.
- Select App Lock timeout to specify when apps are locked.
App Lock is now configured and ready to use. To disable this feature, tap the slider at the bottom of the main App Lock screen so that it changes to (OFF).
What is Photo Vault?
Photo Vault allows you to protect access to your photos with a PIN code. Photos that are moved to Photo Vault are encrypted and hidden. You can access Photo Vault via Explore ▸ Photo Vault. To add a photo to Photo Vault, tap the + plus icon in the bottom-right corner of the screen and select one of the following options:
- Recover old Vault: This option appears if you uninstalled Avast Mobile Security with photos stored in your Photo Vault, then reinstalled the app. When you select this option, photos from the previous Vault are added automatically to your new Vault.
- Take new photo: Take photos and directly add them to Photo Vault.
- Take a photo with your camera.
- Tap OK to place the photo in the Vault, or tap Retry to take the photo again.
- Import from gallery: Select photos from your existing gallery and add them to Photo Vault.
- Tick the photo(s) that you want to protect.
- Tap Hide now.
To remove photos from Photo Vault, tick the photo(s) you want to remove and tap the relevant icon at the top of the screen:
- Export icon: Exports a photo back to the original location and makes it visible to others.
- Trash icon: Removes a photo from the Vault and from the original location. This action cannot be undone.
If you forget your PIN:
- When you are asked to enter your PIN, tap
⋮More options (three dots) in the top-right corner and select Change PIN.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to reset your PIN using your Google Account credentials.
In the free version of Avast Mobile Security, you can protect up to 10 photos. To secure an unlimited number of photos, upgrade to a paid version of Avast Mobile Security.
What is VPN Secure Connection?
VPN Secure Connection (previously called Wi-Fi Protection) uses our VPN (Virtual Private Network) infrastructure to create a secured VPN connection. This protects the data you upload and download from the internet, secures data sent from your device, and keeps your internet activity completely private. Wi-Fi Protection is available as part of an Avast Mobile Security Premium subscription.
To activate VPN Secure Connection:
- Tap Turn on on the VPN Secure Connection tile.
- Tap Enable.
- If prompted, tap Allow to add VPN Configurations.
VPN Secure Connection is now activated, connecting you to the closest server we have in your location. To turn off the VPN, tap Stop on the main Avast Mobile Security screen.
What is the difference between VPN Secure Connection and the Avast SecureLine VPN app?
VPN Secure Connection and the Avast SecureLine VPN app both give you a secure VPN connection to protect your online activities. VPN Secure Connection connects you to the closest server we have in your location, whereas the Avast SecureLine VPN app allows you to choose which server you connect to.
What is Data Breach Monitoring?
Data Breach Monitoring keeps all of your online accounts safe by ensuring none of the passwords linked to your email address have been leaked online. If a leak is found, Data Breach Monitoring immediately notifies you and prompts you to change the password that was compromised.
To activate Data Breach Monitoring:
- Tap Scan for new email on the Data Breach Monitoring tile.
- Enter your email address, then tap Scan breaches.
- Tap Turn on breach alerts to monitor for new breaches.
Data Breach Monitoring immediately checks for any leaked data online connected to your email address. An alert notifies you if any data leaks are found. Data Breach Monitoring remains active and notifies you again if it detects any future data leaks connected to your email address.
To add more than one email address to Data Breach Monitoring, you must have an Avast Mobile Security Premium subscription. Upgrade to Avast Mobile Security Premium then follow the instructions below:
- Tap the Data Breach Monitoring tile on the main Avast Mobile Security screen.
- Tap Scan for new email.
- Enter the email address you want to add, then tap Scan breaches.
What is Photo Vault?
Photo Vault protects your photos and images from prying eyes by moving them to a passcode-protected, encrypted vault. Up to 40 photos or images from your device or camera can be added to the vault. With an Avast Mobile Security Premium subscription you can store an unlimited number of photos or images in Photo Vault.
To activate Photo Vault, first you need to set up a passcode:
- Tap Add photos on the Photo Vault tile.
- Tap Set passcode.
- Enter a four-digit passcode, then enter your passcode again to confirm it.
Photo Vault is now active and you can add photos and images to the vault to protect them from being accessed by other people using your iOS device.
You can add existing photos or images to your Photo Vault from the Photo Library on your device, or you can use the camera on your device to take a photo and import it directly into your Photo Vault.
To add photos or images to Photo Vault:
- Tap Open on the Photo Vault tile.
- Enter your passcode, then tap the + plus icon.
- Select either Photo Library or Camera, then follow the relevant steps below:
- If prompted, tap OK to give Avast Mobile Security permission to access your Photo Library.
- Tap a photo to select it, then tap Select.
- Optionally, tap Delete to remove the photo from your photo library.
- If prompted, tap OK to give Avast Mobile Security permission to access your camera.
- Take a photo then tap Use Photo or Retake.
Your photo is imported into Photo Vault.
To export your photos from Photo Vault:
- Tap Open on the Photo Vault tile.
- Enter your passcode.
- Tap Select.
- Tap the photo(s) you want to export. A green border appears around the selected photo(s).
- Tap Share in the bottom-left corner.
- Select your preferred method for exporting or saving the files and follow the on-screen instructions.
What is Email Guardian?
Email Guardian scans your incoming emails when you check them using a web browser. Any malicious or phishing emails are marked with an 'Avast: Suspicious' label. This is a premium feature available only for users with a multi-device subscription. To enable Email Guardian you first need to set up the feature in your Windows PC or MacOS version of Avast Premium Security and ensure that you are logged into the same Avast Account on both devices.
To access Email Guardian, tap Explore ▸ Email Guardian.
For more information on how to set up this feature, refer to the following article: Avast Mobile Security for Android - Getting Started
What is App Insights?
App Insights provides you with usage information about the apps on your device, and allows you to view which permissions are required by each of your installed apps. To access App Insights, tap Explore ▸ App Insights.
Select one of the tabs at the top of the screen:
- Apps: Shows a list of your installed apps and allows you to uninstall or view the app info for each.
- Permissions: Allows you to view the different types of permissions each of your apps requires.
What is VPN Protection?
The VPN Protection feature allows you to connect to the internet via secure Avast VPN servers, using an encrypted tunnel to protect your online activity from eavesdropping. VPN in Avast Mobile Security for Android offers:
- Protection: When many people are connected to the same public network, attackers can capture sensitive data, such as logins and passwords. The encrypted VPN connection provides effective protection against these types of attacks.
- Anonymization: With broadband connections, many people have fixed IP addresses, which can be tracked when browsing sensitive sites. With a VPN connection, the browsing session is effectively anonymized, as the IP address the remote server sees is the address of the VPN server, not the user.
- Access content around the world: When you are connected to a VPN server in another location, you gain access to content that may be restricted in your location. This allows you to browse freely, even from countries with web censorship.
What is the difference between the VPN feature in Avast Mobile Security for Android and the Avast SecureLine VPN app?
Both the VPN Protection feature in Avast Mobile Security for Android and the Avast SecureLine VPN app allow you to connect to the internet via secure Avast VPN servers, protecting your personal data, and effectively anonymizing your online activity. When you connect to our VPN servers using the VPN Protection feature in Avast Mobile Security for Android, you can choose from the same list of server locations that is available in Avast SecureLine VPN.
The Avast SecureLine VPN app contains certain advanced settings options that are not available in Avast Mobile Security for Android, including Auto Connect and Split Tunneling. For more information, refer to the following article:
How can I add the VPN feature to Avast Mobile Security for Android?
The VPN feature in Avast Mobile Security is available for Android devices with an Avast Mobile Ultimate subscription.
Can I use my subscription for Avast SecureLine VPN to activate the VPN feature in Avast Mobile Security for Android?
No. In this case you would continue to use Avast SecureLine VPN as a separate app. However, the activation code from an Avast Mobile Ultimate subscription can be used to activate either the VPN feature in Avast Mobile Security or Avast SecureLine VPN (for use on up to 5 Android devices simultaneously).
How do I change the notifications I see in Avast Mobile Security?
To manage notifications in Avast Mobile Security, tap Account ▸ Settings ▸ Notifications.
For detailed notifications information, refer to the following article: Managing notifications and ads in Avast Mobile Security.
How can I disable or customize the permanent notification?
The permanent notification ensures your device's complete protection by preventing Android from stopping Avast Mobile Security processes. On devices running Android 8.0 or higher, disabling the permanent notification is not an option. However, the notification can be minimized or configured for minimal interruption via your device settings. For more information, refer to the following article:
How can I customize my protection settings?
Protection components in Avast Mobile Security monitor and scan your device to detect suspicious activity and protect you against malware and viruses.
Tap Account ▸ Settings ▸ Protection to access the following options:
- Automatic scan: Allows you to set a schedule for scanning. Select a day of the week and time for the app to scan your device automatically.
- App Shield: Scans apps after installation.
- File Shield: Scans your device for malicious files.
- Virus database: Shows your app version and update details.
How can I change App Lock timeout settings?
To specify when apps will be locked by the App Lock feature, tap Account ▸ Settings ▸ Lock settings and tap App Lock timeout. The following options are available:
- Immediately: Locks an app immediately after you send it to the background.
- After 10 seconds: Locks an app 10 seconds after you send it to the background.
- After 30 seconds: Locks an app 30 seconds after you send it to the background.
- After 1 minute: Locks an app 1 minute after you send it to the background.
- When screen turns off: Locks an app when your device screen turns off.
When this or another app managed by App Lock is launched within the selected timeout, the countdown stops and restarts. Regardless of the timeout settings, App Lock always locks your apps when your screen turns off.
When one app is unlocked, all other apps managed by App Lock are also automatically unlocked so you can access all your apps within the timeout period.
How do I verify which version of Avast Mobile Security is installed on my device?
- Open Avast Mobile Security and tap Account ▸ About.
- Verify your current app version under Avast Mobile Security.
To check the version number of your Avast Mobile Security app, open the app and go to Settings (the gear icon) ▸ About. The app version number is listed at the bottom of the screen under Current version.
Where can I find My statistics?
My statistics is available via Account ▸ My statistics.
My statistics allows you to see all activity performed by Avast Mobile Security for Android. This mainly includes updates and scans.
How can I control which data I share with Avast and third parties?
- Share threat data
- Share app-usage data
- Collect app usage data
- Share app-usage data (In the free version of Avast Mobile Security, this option is enabled by default and does not appear)
Sharing app-usage data with Avast and third-party analytics tools is automatically enabled to help improve the app. You can disable these settings, go to Settings (the gear icon) ▸ Settings▸ Data Settings and tap the green (ON) slider next to each option so that it changes to gray (OFF).
How can I check if my virus database is updated?
The virus database is updated automatically. Tap Account ▸ Settings ▸ Protection ▸ Virus database to check the current virus database version and the date when it was installed. To prevent Avast Mobile Security from updating when you are using mobile data to connect to the internet, tap the slider next to Automatically update over Wi-Fi so that it changes to green (ON). We do not recommend keeping this setting enabled.
How can I uninstall Avast Mobile Security?
If you no longer want to use Avast Mobile Security, you need to cancel your subscription before uninstalling the app from your device.
For detailed uninstallation instructions, refer to the following article:
How can I disable third-party ads in Avast Mobile Security for Android?
To support the ongoing development of Avast Mobile Security, the free version of the app includes third-party ads that do not interfere with app usage. Paid versions of Avast Mobile Security are ad-free and include a range of additional premium features and benefits. Purchase a paid version of Avast Mobile Security by tapping Upgrade in the top-right corner of the main app screen.
Alternatively, you can purchase an Ad Free subscription. This option removes third-party ads from Avast Mobile Security, but does not include any additional premium features and benefits. An Ad Free subscription is only available after you have used the Free version of Avast Mobile Security for approximately 40-50 days. When this subscription option is available, the 'Remove ads' panel appears on the main app screen. To purchase an Ad Free subscription, tap the gray (OFF) slider next to Remove ads and follow the on-screen instructions.
What should I do if the Accessibility permission is disabled repeatedly?
To improve performance, some Android devices force apps to stop when your device screen turns off. This often causes apps with the Accessibility permission to lose this permission.
To re-enable the Accessibility permission, open your device settings, search for
Accessibility, then grant this permission to Avast Mobile Security.
We recommend changing your system settings to prevent Avast Mobile Security from losing the permission. For detailed instructions, refer to the following article: Preventing your Android device from stopping Avast apps
How can I reset the PIN for App Lock?
If you forget your App Lock PIN, reset it by following these steps:
- Tap Explore ▸ App Lock.
⋮More options (three dots) in the top-right corner and select Reset PIN.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to reset the PIN using your Google Account credentials.
What should I do if Avast Mobile Security for Android crashes or stops running?
Try one of the following options:
- Fully uninstall and then reinstall Avast Mobile Security.
- Report the issue to Avast Support so that our support representatives can perform a deeper analysis of the issue.
- Join the Avast Beta program to test the latest versions of Avast Android apps before public release. This means that you receive app updates and bug fixes earlier.
- If you are running Android 7.9 or lower, ensure that Permanent notification is enabled. If it is disabled, Android may kill the Avast Mobile Security process and stop the app. On Android 8 and higher it is not possible to disable the Permanent notification.
What can I do when Avast Mobile Security for Android cannot remove malware?
In rare cases, Avast Mobile Security detects malware but cannot uninstall it. This is usually caused by the level of permissions granted to the suspicious app, or by the app being installed as a system app. For more information, refer to the following article:
How can I report a false positive detection to Avast Threat Labs?
In rare cases, Avast Mobile Security may detect and mark a clean file as malware. You can report false detections to Avast Threat Labs directly from the scan results screen:
⋮More options (three dots) next to the detected file that you want to report.
- Select the Report as false positive option.
- Type a description of the issue and enter your email address (if you want to be notified when the file analysis is finished).
- Tap Send.
How can I disable sound alerts for background notifications from Avast Mobile Security?
On some Honor or Huawei devices, a sound plays each time you receive a notification from Avast Mobile Security. To prevent this, follow the steps below on your Honor or Huawei device:
- Open your device Settings and go to Apps & notifications.
- Select Notifications management.
- Tap Avast Mobile Security for Android, then select Background services.
- Tap the blue (ON) slider next to Ringtone, so it changes to gray (OFF).
A sound no longer plays each time you receive a notification from Avast Mobile Security.
Why does Avast Mobile Security need so many permissions?
Avast Mobile Security for Android requires many permissions that may initially seem unnecessary. This is because permission classifications in Android are assigned a name based on the most common use case, but does not describe all the kinds of processes that require the permission. For example, the full internet access permission is required to receive updates to malware definitions, and Scan and Web Shield need permission to read phone data so the data can be scanned for threats.
We take your privacy very seriously. The permissions requested are the minimum set that are needed to implement the functionality of Avast Mobile Security for Android. For more information, refer to the following article:
How can I report an issue to Avast Support?
We offer many self-help articles on the Avast Support pages. However, some issues may require deeper investigation by Avast Support.
Report any issues to our support team using the instructions in the following article:
You can contact our technical or sales support, send us a message, or connect to a dedicated forum all via the Avast Mobile Security app. Go to Settings ▸ Contact Support, then select your preferred option.
How can I provide feedback about the app?
You can provide feedback about Avast Mobile Security for iOS in several ways:
- Avast Mobile Security Premium 23.x for Android
- Avast Mobile Security 23.x for Android
- Avast Mobile Security 23.x for iOS
- Google Android 8.0 (Oreo, API 26) or later
- Apple iOS 14.0 or later
- Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
Updated on: 02/06/2022