Avast BreachGuard is an advanced privacy solution that prevents your personal information from being exploited online for profit.
Avast BreachGuard is a paid product that requires a subscription to use. This article contains instructions to install Avast BreachGuard before activating your subscription.
Install Avast BreachGuard
- Click the button below to download the Avast BreachGuard setup file, and save it in a familiar location on your PC (by default, all downloaded files are saved to your Downloads folder). Download Avast BreachGuard
- Right-click the downloaded setup file avast_breachguard_setup.exe and select Run as administrator from the context menu.
- If prompted for permission by the User Account Control dialog, click Yes.
- Click Install Now on the welcome screen to begin installation.
- Wait while the Install Manager installs Avast BreachGuard on your PC.
- When the Connect to Avast Account screen appears, select the relevant tab:
- Log In: If you already have an Avast Account, enter your existing login credentials and click Log In. If you have multiple Avast Accounts, ensure you enter the credentials that are linked to your Avast BreachGuard purchase.
- Create Account: If you do not yet have an Avast Account, create one by entering the email address linked to your Avast BreachGuard purchase. Enter a password for your new Avast Account, then click Create Account.
If your email address is associated with a valid Avast BreachGuard subscription, the application activates automatically. If Avast BreachGuard does not detect a valid subscription, you are prompted to activate the application using an activation code.
For detailed instructions to activate your Avast BreachGuard subscription, refer to the following article:
Avast BreachGuard is now installed and activated.
If you experience any installation issues
- Ensure your PC meets the minimum system requirements below and your Windows is up to date.
- Windows 10; Windows 8/8.1 except RT and Starter Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows 7 SP1 or higher, any Edition (32 or 64-bit)
- Windows fully compatible PC with Intel Pentium 4 / AMD Athlon 64 processor or above (must support SSE2 instructions)
- 1 GB RAM or above
- 500 MB free space on the hard disk
- Internet connection to download, activate, and use the application
- Optimally standard screen resolution no less than 1024 x 768 pixels
- Check that the downloaded setup file is not corrupted. For instructions, refer to the following article:
- Restart your PC, and try again to install Avast BreachGuard by following the exact steps in this article.
If the issue persists, contact Avast Support.
For more information about Avast BreachGuard, refer to the following articles:
- Avast BreachGuard 20.x for Windows
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1, 32 / 64-bit