Avast Driver Updater is a PC performance tool that scans your hardware for broken and outdated drivers, and updates them to reduce and prevent problems with your PC.
Avast Driver Updater is a paid product that requires a subscription to use. This article contains instructions to install the latest version of the application and either activate an existing subscription, start a free-trial period, or purchase Avast Driver Updater.
Install Avast Driver Updater
- Click the button below to download the Avast Driver Updater setup file, and save it to a familiar location on your PC (by default, downloaded files are saved to your Downloads folder). Download Avast Driver Updater
- Right-click the downloaded setup file
avast_driver_updater_online_setup.exeand select Run as administrator from the context menu.If you are unable to authorize installation of Avast Driver Updater, refer to the following article for advice:
- If prompted for permission by the User Account Control dialog, click Yes.
- To change the default setup language, click the current language in the top-right corner of the screen and select your preferred language. Then, click Install Now.
- Wait while setup installs Avast Driver Updater on your PC.
- Click Scan Drivers.
- Wait while Avast Driver Updater scans your PC.
- If outdated drivers are detected, click Update All.
If no outdated drivers are detected, click Unlock All Features.
- Select one of the options below:
- Purchase a subscription: Select your preferred subscription, then click Buy Now and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the purchase.
- Start a free trial: Click the X in the top-right corner of the purchase screen, then click Start Free Trial and follow the on-screen instructions to access Avast Driver Updater for a limited time.
- I already have a subscription: If you already purchased Avast Driver Updater before installation, activate your paid subscription. For detailed activation instructions, refer to the following article:
Avast Driver Updater is installed on your PC.
If you experience any installation issues:
- Ensure your PC meets the minimum system requirements and your Windows is up-to-date.
- Windows 10 except Mobile and IoT Core Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows 8/8.1 except RT and Starter Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows 7 SP1 or higher, any Edition (32 or 64-bit).
- Windows fully compatible PC with Intel Pentium 4 / AMD Athlon 64 processor or above (must support SSE2 instructions).
- 256 MB RAM or above.
- 400 MB free space on the hard disk.
- Internet connection to download, activate, and use the application.
- Optimally standard screen resolution no less than 1024 x 768 pixels is recommended.
- Check that the downloaded setup file is not corrupted. For instructions, refer to the following article:
- Restart your PC, then try to install Avast Driver Updater again by following the exact steps in this article.
If the issue persists, contact Avast Support.
For more information about features available in Avast Driver Updater, refer to the following articles:
- Avast Driver Updater 21.x for Windows
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1, 32 / 64-bit