What is the Stay Safe Virus Guarantee?
The Stay Safe Virus Guarantee is a special guarantee included with your service. If your device becomes infected with a virus that we are unable to fix, you will get your money back.
Am I eligible for the Stay Safe Virus Guarantee?
You are eligible for the Stay Safe Virus Guarantee if you have a premium security subscription and auto-renewal payment enabled for one of the following products:
- Avast Premium Security (Windows), Avast Security Premium (Mac), Avast Mobile Security Premium (Android or iOS)
- Avast Ultimate or Avast Ultimate VIP (Multi-device, Windows, Mac, or Android)
For information about your Avast subscriptions, refer to the following article:
Why don't I get the Stay Safe Virus Guarantee for my other Avast products?
We only provide the Stay Safe Virus Guarantee for Avast premium security subscriptions to ensure that your device has been protected with our security software.
How much does it cost?
The Stay Safe Virus Guarantee has no extra cost. You only need to have a premium security subscription and auto-renewal payment enabled.
Do I need to cancel the Stay Safe Virus Guarantee if I cancel my premium security subscription?
No. You do not need to do anything additional if you cancel your premium security subscription.
Where can I learn more about the Stay Safe Virus Guarantee?
To learn more information, refer to the following Avast webpage:
How do I get help?
If you device becomes infected with a virus, call our experts 24/7 at the relevant number below:
- United States and Canada: +1-855-746-4118
- Great Britain: +44 808 169 2289
- Australia: +611 800 194 410
Our experts can see that you are eligible for the Stay Safe Virus Guarantee and help you resolve the issue.
What happens if I call?
One of our experts will help you. We will troubleshoot your device to remove any viruses, malware, or other harmful programs. If we are unable to fix the problem, you will receive a full refund for your premium security product.
Will you help me fix any device?
Our experts will help fix any device with an Avast premium security product installed if the subscription that covers the device is on auto-renewal payment method.
How do I get a refund if you can't help me?
One of our experts will process the refund if they are unable to help resolve your issue. The refund will be for the cost of your premium security subscription, and paid according to the registered payment method in your Avast Account.
How long will my refund take to process?
We will start processing your refund immediately. For payments made by credit/debit card or PayPal, the refund process can take up to 7 business days. For other payment methods, the refund process can take up to 14 business days.
- Avast Premium Security for Windows
- Avast Security Premium for Mac
- Avast Mobile Security Premium for Android
- Avast Mobile Security Premium for iOS
- Avast Ultimate Multi-Device
- Microsoft Windows 11 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1, 32 / 64-bit
- Apple macOS 12.x (Monterey)
- Apple macOS 11.x (Big Sur)
- Apple macOS 10.15.x (Catalina)
- Apple macOS 10.14.x (Mojave)
- Apple macOS 10.13.x (High Sierra)
- Apple macOS 10.12.x (Sierra)
- Apple Mac OS X 10.11.x (El Capitan)
- Apple Mac OS X 10.10.x (Yosemite)
- Google Android 6.0 (Marshmallow, API 23) or later
- Apple iOS 13.0 or later