This article assumes that you have contacted Avast Support and a log file has been requested. For information about contacting Avast Support, refer to the following article:
Create a log file
- Double-click the Avast Cleanup Premium icon on your desktop, or select the icon in the notification area of your Windows taskbar to open the application.
☰Menu ▸ Settings.
- Select General ▸ Troubleshooting in the left panel.
- Ensure the box next to Enable debug logging is ticked.
- Restart your PC. After reboot, open Avast Cleanup Premium and reproduce the issue that caused you to contact Avast Support.
- Locate the log file in the following folder on your local disk:
- Send the log file to the Avast Support representatives when requested. You can contact Avast Support via our support portal.
- Avast Cleanup Premium 20.x
- Avast Premium Security 20.x
- Avast Ultimate 20.x
- Avast Free Antivirus 20.x
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1, 32 / 64-bit