To remove Avast Cleanup from your Mac, you need to uninstall it from the program's menu bar.
Deleting the Avast Cleanup icon or moving the icon to the Trash does not completely remove the program from your Mac.
Uninstall Avast Cleanup from Mac
- Open the Cleanup user interface using one of the following methods:
- Click the Avast Cleanup icon in the top-right corner of the menu bar.
- Click Go in the menu bar, select Applications, then double-click the Avast Cleanup icon.
- Click Avast Cleanup in the menu bar, and select Uninstall Avast Cleanup Pro.
- Click Continue.
- Enter your administrator credentials, then click OK.
- Wait while the Avast Cleanup Pro Uninstaller removes Cleanup from your Mac, then click Finish to return to the desktop.
Avast Cleanup is no longer installed on your Mac.
To install Cleanup again, refer to the following article:
- Avast Cleanup 2.x for Mac
- Apple macOS 10.14.x (Mojave)
- Apple macOS 10.13.x (High Sierra)
- Apple macOS 10.12.x (Sierra)
- Apple Mac OS X 10.11.x (El Capitan)
- Apple Mac OS X 10.10.x (Yosemite)