Avast SecureMe for iOS is a mobile app that evaluates the network security. It contains Wi-Fi Security feature that checks for vulnerabilities such as routers with weak passwords, unsecured wireless networks. It also includes a basic VPN service that guarantees the safety when a device is connected to a public network.
This article answers common questions related to the features, settings and general use of Avast SecureMe for iOS.
Download and Installation
What are the system requirements for Avast SecureMe?
You can install and run Avast SecureMe on any Apple iPhone, Apple iPod Touch, or Apple iPad running Apple iOS 8 and higher.
How can I download and install Avast SecureMe?
Avast SecureMe for iOS devices is available for download from the App Store.
- Open App Store from the apps screen of your iOS device and search for
- Open the Avast SecureMe page from the search results.
- Tap Get to download the app, and then tap Install. When re-installing the app, just tap the cloud icon.
- If asked for permissions, select Accept.
- Once the installation is complete, tap Open to start using the app.
Avast SecureMe is now installed and ready to use. The app is only available in a free version so you do not need a license to activate and use the app.
How can I uninstall Avast SecureMe?
To remove Avast SecureMe from your iOS device:
- Press and hold the Avast SecureMe icon on the main screen of your device for a while.
- Tap the small x which appears in the upper-left corner of the icon.
- Select Delete to confirm that you want to remove the app from your device.
Avast SecureMe is no longer installed on your device.
Features and Settings
How does Avast SecureMe work?
Once you are connected to Wi-Fi network, Avast SecureMe offers you to Scan Wi-Fi. Security status of the scanned network is displayed on the main screen of the app. If the scan found any issues, you can see the information that the network is vulnerable.
To protect your device and data:
- Tap Found issues to find out what exactly can cause the issue.
- Tap Avast SecureMe.
- Avast SecureMe offers you to install your configuration profile. Tap Install Profile.
- Tap Allow to add VPN configurations.
- Tap Sure! if you want to allow the app to remind you the next time when you will be connected to a public Wi-Fi.
- Tap OK to allow Avast SecureMe to send you notifications.
Your connection is secure now.
What are Trusted Wi-Fi networks?
Avast SecureMe gives you the possibility to label the Wi-Fi networks that you frequently use as trusted. The network that was marked as trusted will not be scanned every time. When you are connected to the network, tap Mark as trusted. The list of Trusted Wi-Fi networks can be found in Settings (gear icon on the main screen).
What kind of issues can Avast SecureMe find?
Avast SecureMe can scan the network and find issues related to the Internet connection and Web browsing security. It scans for weak passwords, unsecured wireless networks, and routers with vulnerabilities that could be exploited by hackers. Connecting to public Wi-Fi networks, for example in coffee shops, airports or other places with open hotspots exposes you to the risk of data theft. Thanks to the VPN service, Avast SecureMe can help you to keep your personal data and every other important files private.
What is the difference between Avast SecureMe and Avast SecureLine VPN?
Avast SecureMe evaluates the network security and provides you also with the basic VPN service to protect your data, when you are connected to a public network. The Wi-Fi Security feature is able to check the network for the most frequent vulnerabilities.
Avast SecureLine is our most advanced VPN service that allows you to connect to the Internet via an encrypted tunnel to protect your online identity from eavesdropping. It provides security for your data after it leaves your computer and anonymizes your Internet activity. Unlike Avast SecureMe, it gives you a possibility to select the location of the VPN server, for example when you want to gain access to content that is restricted in your location. Avast SecureLine VPN also offers you to reconnect automatically when you need to switch between the networks. Avast SecureMe does not include this option.
>How can I provide feedback about the app or ask for help?
We are very open to feedback from all of our customers. You can provide your comments or support for Avast mobile products in the following ways:
- Write a positive review in the App Store.
- Tell your friends about our software via Facebook or Twitter.
- Post reviews in iOS related forums.
- Contact our Support team from the app by tapping Contact Support in the Settings section.
Does Avast offer any other apps I could benefit from?
Avast has created the following range of apps to improve the security and performance of your mobile device, and protect you from hackers and thieves:
- Avast SecureMe 1.x for iOS
- Apple iOS 8.0 or higher