The Avast Omni Family Guardian app provides an overview of your connected household and allows you to set protections for all connected devices. Refer to the relevant sections in this article to learn more about how to use the Avast Omni Family Guardian app on Windows PC, Android, and iOS.
To access Avast Omni features, ensure Your Home is selected in the left panel. The status message Your home is protected, indicates that Avast Omni is correctly set up and providing real-time protection for all the devices connected to your home network. An exclamation point indicates that something needs your attention.
The following features are accessible from the Your Home screen:
- Household: Click Household in the left panel or the Household icon in the orb to view a list of devices assigned to your household. You can pause internet for all household devices or select a device from the Household Devices list to edit the details or pause internet for that device.
- Your Profile: Click your name in the left panel or your icon in the orb to view your profile. In your profile, click Edit Profile to upload an image for your orb icon or edit your name. If you already have a device assigned to your profile, it is listed here. To add a device to your profile, click Add a new device.
- User Profiles: After setting up user profiles, click a user's name in the left panel or their icon in the orb to access user settings. As the Family Guardian, you can manage the following settings for each user in your household: pause internet, edit or remove profile, set content filters, downtimes, and location alerts, and manage or add devices.
- New Member: Click New member in the left panel to create a new user profile. After creating a new profile, Avast Omni prompts you to assign or add a device. We recommend creating user profiles for all members of your household who use your internet.
- Assign Devices: Click the icon, then use the drop-down menu to choose an owner for each unassigned device Avast Omni has detected. Alternatively, click Block to prevent a device from using your internet.
- Data Usage: Click the Data used in 24h tile to view a bar graph displaying your household's internet usage for the past 24 hours.
- Omni Hub: Click the Omni Hub tile to access the Avast Omni real-time home protection shields (all enabled by default). To disable a shield (not recommended), click the green (ON) slider below a shield so that it changes to pink (OFF).
- Online Devices: Click the Online devices tile to view a list of all devices in your home network and whether they are currently online or offline. Click a device name to view more details, edit or remove the device, pause internet, block the device, or assign the device to a user profile. Click a user profile icon to access settings for that user.
After setting up your Avast Omni hub and connecting it to your Avast Omni Family Guardian app, refer to the instructions below to access the Avast Omni features available on the Home Screen, Family Screen, and My Phone Screen.
The Home screen provides an overview of your home network. The status message Your home is protected indicates that Avast Omni is correctly set up and providing real-time protection for all the devices connected to your home network. An exclamation point indicates that something needs your attention.
The Family screen displays a list of all users set up on your home network. Here, you can quickly see which users are currently online. An exclamation point indicates that something needs your attention.
Real-time device protection settings
Avast Omni includes shields that provide real-time protection for your device.
- Avast Omni 1.x
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1, 32 / 64-bit
- Apple macOS 10.14.x (Mojave)
- Apple macOS 10.13.x (High Sierra)
- Apple macOS 10.12.x (Sierra)
- Apple Mac OS X 10.11.x (El Capitan)
- Apple Mac OS X 10.10.x (Yosemite)
- Google Android 5.0 (Lollipop, API 21) or higher
- Apple iOS 11.0 or higher
- Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch