Avast Premier is a comprehensive security software that prevents viruses, spyware, and other malicious threats from infecting your PC and compromising your privacy. Additionally, it protects you and your data against dangerous fake websites, ransomware, hackers, and spammers while you are online.
Before you begin installing Avast Premier, ensure you are logged into Windows with administrator permissions, and no other application or antivirus software is running on your PC.
Install Avast Premier
If you experience any installation issues:
- Ensure your PC meets the minimum system requirements and your Windows is up to date.
- Windows 10 except Mobile and IoT Core Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows 8/8.1 except RT and Starter Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows 7 SP1 or higher, any Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows Vista SP2 or higher, except Starter Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows XP SP3, any Edition (32-bit)
- Windows fully compatible PC with Intel Pentium 4 / AMD Athlon 64 processor or above (must support SSE2 instructions)
- 256 MB RAM or above
- 2 GB free space on the hard disk
- Internet connection is needed to download, activate, and maintain updates of the program and antivirus database.
- Optimal standard screen resolution no less than 800 x 600 pixels is recommended.
- Check that the downloaded setup file is not corrupted. For instructions, refer to the following article:
- Uninstall all your previous antivirus software from your PC. For instructions, refer to the following articles:
- Restart your PC, and try again to install Avast Free Antivirus by following the instructions in this article.
If the issue persists, contact Avast Support and provide your setup log file. For instructions, refer to the following article:
- Avast Premier 18.x
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1, 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic / Home Premium / Business / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 2, 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows XP Home / Professional / Media Center Edition - Service Pack 3, 32-bit