Avast Cleanup Premium is a PC optimization tool that includes a range of scans which detect unnecessary items and performance issues to free up disk space and improve the speed of your system.
Install Avast Cleanup Premium
- Log into Windows as a user with administrator permissions and ensure no other application or antivirus software is running on your PC.
- Click the button below to download the Avast Cleanup Premium setup file, and save it in a familiar location on your PC (by default, all files are saved to your Downloads folder). Download Avast Cleanup Premium
- Right-click the downloaded setup file
avast_cleanup_setup.exeand select Run as administrator from the context menu.
- If prompted by the User Account Control dialog for permissions, click Yes (or Continue on older versions of Windows).
- Select your preferred language from the drop-down menu and click OK to continue.
- Click Browse... if you need to change the default location for saving Avast Cleanup Premium program files, then click Next.
- Wait while setup installs Avast Cleanup Premium on your PC.
- Once the installation is complete, click Finish.
Avast Cleanup Premium is now installed on your PC and ready to use. The user interface is accessible via the system tray icon on your Windows taskbar or the Avast Cleanup Premium icon on your desktop.
You need to activate Avast Cleanup Premium using your valid activation code or license file from an order confirmation email, or via your Avast Account registered for the email address you used to make the purchase. For instructions, refer to the following article:
If you experience any installation issues:
- Ensure your PC meets the minimum system requirements and your Windows is up to date.
- Windows 10 except Mobile and IoT Core Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows 8/8.1 except RT and Starter Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows 7 SP1 or higher, any Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows Vista SP2 or higher, except Starter Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows XP SP3, any Edition (32-bit)
- Windows fully compatible PC with Intel Pentium 4 / AMD Athlon 64 processor or above (must support SSE2 instructions)
- 256 MB RAM or above
- 100 MB free space on the hard disk
- Internet connection is needed to download, activate and use the VPN service
- Optimal standard screen resolution no less than 800 x 600 pixels is recommended
- For information on how to install the latest Service Pack on older Windows operating systems, refer to the following articles on the Microsoft website:
- Restart your PC, and try again to install Avast Cleanup Premium by following the instructions in this article.
If the issue persists, contact Avast Support.
- Avast Cleanup Premium 18.x
- Avast Ultimate 18.x
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1, 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic / Home Premium / Business / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 2, 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows XP Home / Professional / Media Center Edition - Service Pack 3, 32-bit