Support for Avast Mobile Backup was discontinued in July 2016 but your backed-up data are still kept on Google Drive and Avast Account. We are going to delete all data on 19th of October, 2017. If you want to keep access to your data, we recommend you to review and download or restore them as soon as possible.
Download your images, apps, video and audio files from Google Drive
To download your images, apps, video and audio files from Google Drive, follow these steps:
- Open the Google Drive website and log into your account connected with Avast Mobile Backup.
- Double-click the avast! Files (your device name, ID number) folder. Your backed-up files are visible on the screen. They are placed in the folders with the relevant category, for example, your photos are in the avast! Mobile Backup Image Files folder.
- Right-click a folder or a file that you want to restore and select Download.
- Select the Save File option and click OK to confirm.
Your file(s) is saved to the default location which usually is the Downloads folder on your PC.
Restore your contacts using Avast Account and Google Contacts
To download your contacts from Avast Account, follow these steps:
- Open the Avast Account website and log into your account connected with Avast Mobile Backup.
- Select the device that has Avast Mobile Backup installed.
- Click Contacts.
- Click the Download button on the top to download
contacts.csvfile to your device.
Once the file is downloaded, import your contacts data using the Google Contacts feature by following these steps:
- Open the Google Contacts website and log into your Google Account.
- Click More in the left menu and select Import.
- Select CSV or vCard file.
- If you are asked to open the old version of Google Contacts, click Go to old version and select More ▸ Import again.
- Click Choose File.
- Locate the
contacts.csvfile and click Open.
- Click Import.
After importing the file, ensure that the contacts synchronization is enabled on your mobile device by following these steps:
The following steps may differ depending on the version of your Android system.
- Go to Settings ▸ Accounts ▸ Google on your mobile device.
- Select the appropriate Google Account and enable the Sync Contacts option.
Your data are restored. Restored contacts appear on each device that is connected to the same Google Account.
- Avast Mobile Backup (discontinued)
- All supported operating systems