You will need a thawed space, approximately 5GB (it can be smaller, but 5GB is a safe size).
You will need a program called Data Igloo from Faronics (http://www.faronics.com/products/data-igloo/).
If Avast is already installed, please run the avastclear.exe (https://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility) to remove all traces of Avast.
- Boot into the thawed state and BEFORE installing Avast:
- Install Data Igloo (enable hidden folders to be viewed from Windows folder options)
- Manually create the folder (C:\ProgramData\AVAST Software)
- In Data Igloo, redirect the created folder (C:\ProgramData\AVAST Software) to a thawed space/folder.
- If you wish to install Avast to the default location (C:\Program Files\AVAST Software) you will need to create and redirect that folder to a thawed space as well.
- The folders will need to be manually created BEFORE installing Avast, due to Data Igloo not being able to redirect a folder with content.
- Install Avast for Business, either into a thawed space or if you redirected the default folder leave the installation as automatic.
- After install, wait for Avast to initiate a reboot prompt and ensure you’re rebooting into thawed to fully complete the installation.
- After the Avast prompted reboot, you can freeze the machine and upon reboot it should not clone and should also update correctly.
You can prepare a new HDD image by installing Avast with this command, run it from the location of your install file (after setting up the folder redirections):
avast_business_antivirus_setup.exe /cust_ini:"c:\CustomInstallation.ini" /silent
The (C:\custominstallation.ini) should direct to the location of the CustomInstallation.ini that is attached and is attached to this article.
If you are experiencing a BSOD issue after following the above instructions you may either disable hardware VT in your BIOS or complete the following:
- Verify the device is booted into a thawed state.
- Copy the attached InstallGroups.ini to:
- From an admin cmd prompt run:
"c:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\setup\instup.exe" /instop:change
Program version updates will need to be done manually in thawed state.