If you purchased Avast Premier and received an order confirmation email containing a license file, follow the steps in this article to activate your product. Before following the activation steps, ensure Avast Premier is installed on your PC:
If you received an activation code instead of a license file, refer to the following article:
Activate Avast Premier
- Open the Avast confirmation email containing your Avast Premier license file. If you are unable to locate your license file, you can request a copy:
- Right-click the attached
License.avastlicfile to save it.
- Select a familiar location to save the file (for example, your desktop) and click Save.
- Open the Avast user interface and click Settings.
- Select the Subscription tab from the left panel, and click Insert license file:
- Locate the
License.avastlicfile and click Open.
After the license file is accepted, the text Your products were activated appears. Information about your subscription, such as the expiry date and number of days remaining, is also visible in the Antivirus section of the Subscription screen.
- Avast Premier 17.x
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1, 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic / Home Premium / Business / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 2, 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows XP Home / Professional / Media Center Edition - Service Pack 3, 32-bit