When you purchase Avast Internet Security, an order confirmation email containing your activation code is sent to the email address you provide during the purchase. Before following the activation steps in this article, ensure Avast Internet Security is installed on your PC:
If you received a license file instead of an activation code, refer to the following article:
Activate Avast Internet Security
If you did not activate Avast Internet Security during installation or you want to activate your subscription on a secondary PC:
- Open your order confirmation email.
- Scroll down to the Installation Instructions section of the email and copy the activation code. If you are unable to locate your activation code, you can find it in your Avast Account:
- Right-click the Avast icon in your system tray and select Subscription information.
- At the top of the Subscription screen, click Insert activation code.
- Type or paste the previously copied activation code into the box and click Activate.
After the activation code is accepted, the text Your products were activated appears in the Antivirus section. Information about your subscription such as the expiry date and number of days remaining is also visible.
You can activate your subscription on the number of PCs you specify when you make the purchase. For example, if you purchase a subscription for three PCs, you can use the one activation code to activate Avast Internet Security on three PCs. The number of PCs your subscription is valid for is specified in your order confirmation email.
If you need to transfer your subscription to a different PC, uninstall Avast Antivirus from your PC before you activate your subscription on the alternative PC.
- Avast Internet Security 17.x
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1, 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic / Home Premium / Business / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 2, 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows XP Home / Professional / Media Center Edition - Service Pack 3, 32-bit