Software Updater helps keep commonly used third party software up to date to eliminate potential security risks. Malicious threats or attackers often use leaks in outdated software to access your PC. This feature displays the most popular programs installed on your PC and allows you to easily update them.
If Software Updater doesn't work as expected, for example, if an application update goes wrong, or an invalid application status/version is shown, you can try to reset the internal database of Software Updater to the default values.
Reset the database of the Software Updater
- Open the Avast user interface and select
☰Menu ▸ Settings.
- Ensure the General tab is selected in the left panel, go to Troubleshooting, then scroll down and select Open old settings.
- Select the Components tab from the left panel, then scroll down to the Software Updater panel and click Customize.
- Click the Database reset (troubleshooting) panel to expand it, then click the Reset database now button.
- Click Yes to confirm the database reset, then click OK once the reset has finished.
The internal database for Software Updater has now been successfully reset.
- Avast Premium Security 19.x
- Avast Free Antivirus 19.x
- Avast Omni 1.x
- Avast Premier 19.x
- Avast Internet Security 19.x
- Avast Pro Antivirus 19.x
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1, 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic / Home Premium / Business / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 2, 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows XP Home / Professional / Media Center Edition - Service Pack 3, 32-bit