What is Avast Secure Identity?
Avast Secure Identity continuously monitors important data sources to help you keep your personal information safe, provides expert assistance 24/7 to resolve issues, and reimbursement coverage if your identity is stolen.
How is Avast Secure Identity different from other Avast products?
Avast Secure Identity is a comprehensive identity protection service with the following features:
- Monitoring and Alerting: From your social media to your credit history and even the Dark Web, we will continuously monitor the most important sources where your personal and financial information could be leaked online. If we find your personal information or key changes made to your credit file, you are notified to take action.
- 24/7 unlimited assistance: Experts are available 24/7 to help you resolve identity and technology issues or help you regain control of your identity if compromised.
- Reimbursement*: Comprehensive coverage to reimburse you in the event of identity theft.
*Reimbursement of up to $1 Million for Avast Secure Identity for certain out-of-pocket expenses and lost wages, travel expenses, child or elder care expenses, and depending on your plan coverage amount may vary. Benefits under the policy are issued and covered by Hamilton Insurance DAC. For policy terms, explanation of benefits and exclusions view the 1M Plan Summary of Benefits.
Subscription and Activation
How do I activate my Avast Secure Identity subscription?
You do not need to install your Avast Secure Identity products. To start using Secure Identity, you need your Avast Account to access and use the web-based service.
To set up your identity monitoring:
- Sign in to your Avast Account, then go to your Identity dashboard.
- Use your Avast Account credentials to sign in.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to set up the most crucial information for your identity monitoring. We will ask you to enter your personal information (such as an address, or social security number).
- Avast Secure Identity (Individual): protects 1 adult.
- Avast Secure Identity (Family): protects 2 adults and unlimited children.
Why do I need to give all this personal information?
Avast Secure Identity continuously checks for potential fraud and suspicious activity associated with your personal information.
You can decide how much personal information you want to provide. For maximum fraud detection, it is recommended to provide as much information as possible. Additionally, you have the convenience of storing documents and bank cards in one easy-to-use location for whenever you need it.
Features and Usage
How do I access my Secure Identity Dashboard?
You can access the service via a web browser. To go to your identity dashboard:
- Sign in to your Avast Account.
- Click Go to Identity dashboard on the Identity protection tile.
- Use your Avast Account credentials to sign in.
What is the Avast Secure Identity Dashboard?
The Avast Secure Identity Dashboard screen provides an overview of scan history, items that need your attention, and access to the following features:
- Identity Vault: Stores your personal information in one location to continuously monitor for potential fraud, suspicious activity, and makes it easy to access whenever you need it.
- Alerts: Notifies you of issues involving your personal information and provides recommended action plans.
- Credit: Review and manage information related to your credit alerts and score.
- Breach IQ: Detects data breaches involving your personal information.
- Transactions: Overview of your linked accounts transaction activities with flagged entries.
- Resources: Provides useful tools such as calculators, informative articles, downloads, and forms.
- Support: Report an identity threat, contact a dedicated resolution specialist, or access the Help Center.
What is Identity Vault?
Identity Vault allows you to securely store your personal information in one location to continuously monitor for potential fraud, suspicious activity, and makes it easy to access whenever you need it. The following options are available:
- Monitoring Info: Checks continuously for potential fraud and suspicious activity involving your personal information.
- Secure Storage: Access to your personal information, documents, images, and cards whenever you need it. Additionally, you can store a password-protected record of your bank cards to easily cancel lost or stolen cards.
- Password Manager: Manage your passwords in one secure location and use a password tool to generate strong passwords.
How do I monitor my bank transactions?
Transactions provides an overview of the recent transactions for your linked financial accounts. Suspicious activity is flagged for your review and you can select an item as Not Mine to report as possible fraud.
To add your financial account information:
- Open the Avast Secure Identity Dashboard.
- In the left panel, click Transactions.
- Select the Financial Accounts tab.
- Click Add an Account.
Your account is now being monitored for possible fraudulent activity.
How can I check my credit score?
Credit helps you manage your credit score and view your credit history. The following options are available:
- Credit Score: View and track your credit score.
- Credit Report: Check your credit history summary.
- Credit Simulator: Estimates how your credit score could change based on potential financial actions.
- Freeze my Credit: Assist you in freezing your credit file to prevent your credit file from being shared with potential creditors or insurance companies to ensure that new lines of credit cannot be opened in your name.
What resources are available?
Resources include useful tools such as calculators, informative articles, downloads, and forms. The following options are available:
- Calculators: Use various calculators such as Loan or Credit Card Comparison and Mortgage Qualification to assist your financial decisions.
- Education: Learn about safety topics with articles, webinars, infographics, and a dictionary of cybercrime and security terms.
- Breaches & Scams: Read articles about the latest reported breaches and scams.
- Forms: Access to useful forms for submitting Fraud Alerts.
- Downloads: Download the latest Online PC Protection Tools for mobile apps.
- Junk Mail & Calls: Allows you to opt out of junk mail, unsolicited phone calls, and emails.
How can I get help for an issue?
Support allows you to directly report an identity threat, contact a dedicated resolution specialist, or access the Help Center.
To request help, follow the steps below:
- Sign in to your Avast Account using the following link: https://id.avast.com/sign-in.
- Click Go to Identity dashboard on the Identity Protection tile.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- In the left panel, click Support.
How do I cancel my Avast Secure Identity subscription?
For detailed instructions, refer to the following article:
What happens after I cancel my subscription?
Avast Secure Identity is sold as a continuous subscription. This means that your subscription renews at the end of each subscription period unless you manually cancel it before the next billing date.
When you cancel the subscription, the subscription status displayed in your Avast Account changes to Expiring, and the expiration date is shown. You can continue to use Avast Secure Identity until the expiration date. After this date, you will lose access to Avast Secure Identity.
How can I get a refund?
For detailed information, refer to the following article:
- Avast Secure Identity
- All supported platforms
Updated on: 15/12/2022