Avast Mobile Security for Android is available as both a free and paid version. Follow the steps below to install the free version of Avast Mobile Security on an Android device. To upgrade or activate a paid version of Avast Mobile Security for Android, refer to the follow article:
Before you download and install Avast Mobile Security, ensure that your device meets the minimum requirements:
- Android: Google Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean, API 16) or higher.
- Internet connection to download, activate and maintain app updates.
Install Avast Mobile Security for Android
- Open Google Play Store on your device.
- Search for the keyword:
avastand select Avast Mobile Security & Antivirus.
- Tap Install and wait for the app to download.
- Tap Open.
- Tap Continue with ads.
Avast Mobile Security for Android is installed on your device. For instructons on how to use the app, refer to the following article:
- Avast Mobile Security for Android 6.x
- Google Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean, API 16) or higher