When troubleshooting issues related to Avast software with Avast Support, you may be requested to compress (or zip) certain files before sending them to Avast Support for further analysis. Zipped files consume much less storage space which makes them easier to send via the internet.
To compress a file before sending it, follow these steps:
- Open File Explorer (or Windows Explorer) on your desktop and locate the file you need to compress.
- Select and right-click the file and select Send to.
If necessary, you can select and zip more than one file (or folder) at once.
- Select Compressed (zipped) folder to compress the selected file.
The selected file is compressed to a new .zip archive which you can find in the same location as the original file. Send the zipped folder to Avast Support and wait for further instructions.
- All available Avast software products
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1, 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic / Home Premium / Business / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 2, 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows XP Home / Professional / Media Center Edition - Service Pack 3, 32-bit