In the event that your operating system crashes, you may be required to generate a Complete Memory Dump to provide additional information to our technical support team. The dump file can then be used by developers to understand why the crash has occurred and help them in providing an accurate solution to the issue.
A Complete Memory Dump is one of the possible dumps that can be generated by Windows. Further information about Memory Dumps can be found here.
Generate a Complete Memory DumpTo generate a Complete Memory Dump, please follow the steps below:
- Press the Windows key on your computer keyboard together with the letter R, this will open the run command
- Type sysdm.cpl and click OK
- The System Properties page will open
- Select the Advanced tab
- Under Startup and Recovery options choose Settings
- From the Drop Down Menu choose Complete memory dump
- Click OK
Send the Information
After completing the memory dump, you will need to send your information to AVG Technicians. To do so, please follow the steps below:
- Download the AVG SysInfo Tool found here
- Run the utility and accept the license terms
- The AVG SysInfo Tool will gather information about the machine and the AVG Business software that is installed
- Once it has completed running its scan, select the Attach File button and navigate to the saved Dump file (the location is usually C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP)
- Enter your email address and a description of the issue in the boxes provided. You can also enter a case number in the event that you have an ongoing issue which is being investigated. If you do not have a case number, you will be prompted to click Send Output a second time.
- Click Send Output
- A case will automatically be created in our system and a Technical Support Specialist will contact you with further information as soon as the data has been analysed.