If you are not sure what version of Avast Mobile Security is installed on your device, follow these steps:
- On your device, go to Settings ▸ Apps or App manager.
- Tap Avast Mobile Security.
The app version is visible below the app name.
Refer to a list of frequently asked questions below for information about updating to the latest version of Avast Mobile Security from version 1.
What happens when the virus definitions for Avast Mobile Security v1 become obsolete?
If you use Avast Mobile Security version 1, virus definitions are to be discontinued by January 2018. While your Avast Mobile Security application will still function, your protection is compromised. We strongly recommend updating to the latest version of Avast Mobile Security to benefit from important protection features and up-to-date virus definitions.
Why should I update my program version?
- When you have the latest version of Avast Mobile Security the virus definitions are updated automatically. This means you always have the most recent and effective version.
- Our online help services and customer care team are best equipped to support more recent version of Avast Mobile Security.
- The latest version of Avast Mobile Security offers much more advanced protection including new detection engines and cloud-based analysis. Additionally, newer versions provide a host of new features to secure and optimize your device.
How do I update to the latest version of Avast Mobile Security?
To update your app version head to Google Play and install the latest version: Avast Mobile Security
- Avast Mobile Security 1.x
- Google Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean, API 16) or higher