The Anti-Theft feature of Avast Mobile Security needs to be enabled to allow you controlling your device remotely. You also can upgrade Avast Mobile Security to the Pro version to use additional Anti-Theft options, such as capturing a photo of the thief when incorrect PIN is entered, locking your device when SIM card is changed, secretly recording the phone's surroundings at any time.
You can control your device remotely using the following resources:
- Avast Account is an account created from the my.avast.com website. To use this method, the Anti-Theft feature must be connected with an Avast Account. Your lost device must be running and connected to the internet.
- SMS Remote Control is a built-in option of Anti-Theft. To use this method, the Avast Mobile Security Pro needs to be installed on two mobile devices, a target device and a device to be used for remote control.
- SMS commands are commands that you can send from any mobile device. If you use this method, the possible thief can see that you are trying to control your phone remotely as the message is visible in the folder with incoming messages.
This article describes the most frequently used commands LOCATE, LOST, and WIPE. However, Anti-Theft offers several other commands that may be used if you want to locate your lost phone, secure your data, or contact the possible thief.
- Avast Anti-Theft for Android
- Avast Mobile Security 6.x
- Google Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean, API 16) or higher