The Anti-Theft feature of Avast Mobile Security needs to be enabled to allow remote control of your device. You also can upgrade Avast Mobile Security to the Pro version to use additional Anti-Theft options, such as capturing a photo of the thief when incorrect PIN is entered, locking your device when SIM card is changed, or secretly recording the phone's surroundings at any time.
You can control your device remotely using the following resources:
- Avast Account: an account created through the my.avast.com website. To use this method, the Anti-Theft feature must be connected to your Avast Account. Your lost device must also be running and connected to the internet.
- SMS Remote Control: a built-in option of Anti-Theft. To use this method, the Avast Mobile Security Pro needs to be installed on two mobile devices, a target device and a device to be used for remote control.
- SMS commands: commands that you can send to the lost device from any other mobile device. If you use this method, the possible thief can see that you are trying to control your phone remotely as all commands are in the incoming messages folder.
This article describes the most frequently used commands LOCATE, LOST, and WIPE. However, Anti-Theft offers several other commands that may be used if you want to locate your lost phone, secure your data, or identify the possible thief.
- Avast Anti-Theft for Android
- Avast Mobile Security 6.x
- Google Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean, API 16) or higher