Real Site (previously known as Secure DNS) is a feature in Avast Premium Security and Avast Omni that protects you against DNS hijacking. DNS hijacking is a type of malicious attack that redirects you from the real site you want to visit to a fake site that may look the same.
For more information about this feature, refer to the following article:
Manage Real Site
By default, Real Site is enabled to ensure your full security. We recommended always keeping Real Site enabled and only disabling it for troubleshooting purposes.
To disable Real Site:
- Open the Avast user interface, then select Protection ▸ Real Site.
- Click the green (ON) slider and select a time duration from the list.
- Click OK, Stop to confirm that you are disabling Real Site intentionally.
Real Site is disabled for the selected time duration and automatically enables again after this time passes. To manually enable Real Site, follow steps 1 and 2 above, changing the slider from red (OFF) to green (ON). You can also manage Real Site from
☰ Menu ▸ Settings ▸ Protection ▸ Real Site.
- Avast Premium Security 20.x
- Avast Omni 1.x
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1, 32 / 64-bit