This article explains how to install the Avast Omni Family Guardian app on your main Windows or macOS device, and then set up your Avast Omni hub by connecting it to your network router and configuring it with the app.
After setting up your Avast Omni hub, you can install the Avast Omni Family Guardian app on other Windows, macOS, Android, or iOS devices that you want to use as the administrator to manage your home network. All other family members in your household should use the Avast Omni Family Member app on their devices.
Install the Avast Omni Family Guardian app
When you purchase Avast Omni as an upgrade from another Avast product, the Avast Omni Family Guardian app is automatically downloaded, and you are prompted to install the app on your device. Once the app is installed, you need to log in to your Avast Account to activate your subscription.
If you purchased Avast Omni in a different way, you need to first install the Avast Omni Family Guardian app on a Windows or macOS device by following the instructions below:
Set up your Avast Omni hub
When your Avast Omni hub arrives, follow the first time configuration instructions below to configure the hub with your home router and the Avast Omni Family Guardian app on a Windows or macOS device.
After initial setup, if you're having any trouble with your Avast Omni hub or home network, try reconfiguring the hub.
First time configuration
To configure your Avast Omni hub for the first time, follow the relevant instructions below:
If you need to reconfigure your Avast Omni hub setup, follow the relevant instructions below:
Your Avast Omni hub is now configured and you can use the Avast Omni Family Guardian app to manage your home network.
To learn more about how to protect your household using Avast Omni, refer to the following article:
- Avast Omni 1.x
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1, 32 / 64-bit
- Apple macOS 10.15.x (Catalina)
- Apple macOS 10.14.x (Mojave)
- Apple macOS 10.13.x (High Sierra)
- Apple macOS 10.12.x (Sierra)
- Apple Mac OS X 10.11.x (El Capitan)
- Apple Mac OS X 10.10.x (Yosemite)
- Google Android 5.0 (Lollipop, API 21) or higher
- Apple iOS 11.0 or higher
- Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch