An Avast Account is a portal for managing your paid Avast subscriptions. This article contains information about the different subscription management options that are available in your Avast Account.
View my subscriptions
To open a list of your paid Avast subscriptions:
- Sign in to your Avast Account using the link below:
- Click the My Subscriptions tile.
The My Subscriptions screen lists all of the Avast subscriptions that are currently linked to your Avast Account.
You can check the following details for each of your Avast subscriptions:
- Subscription for: The maximum number of devices on which your subscription can be activated.
- Currently used on: The number of devices on which your subscription is currently activated.
- Activation code: The valid activation code that is linked to your subscription. After you install a purchased product on a new device, you can enter this activation code to activate your subscription and unlock the paid features.
- Period: The length of the subscription period. This is the amount of time your subscription is valid after purchase, before the first renewal. If you do not want the subscription to renew, you can unsubscribe from future renewals.
- Subscription status: The current status of your subscription.
- Next charge (only appears when the subscription status is Subscribed): The next billing date for your subscription.
- Payment method: Details for the credit or debit card that is used for payments. You can change your payment card details via your Avast Account.
- Expires (only appears when the subscription status is Expiring): The date when your subscription will expire. On this date, you will lose access to your paid Avast products.
Check my subscription status
On the My Subscriptions screen, you can verify the subscription status for each of your Avast subscriptions. You may see one of the following statuses:
- Subscribed: This subscription is currently valid. Auto-billing is enabled, which means the subscription renews at the end of each subscription period unless you manually unsubscribe from future renewals.
- Expiring: This subscription is currently valid, but expires at the end of the current subscription period because the auto-billing option is disabled. You can check the exact expiration date next to Expires. On this date, you will lose access to your paid Avast products.
- Not Available: This subscription is currently valid, but we do not have information about its current status. This can happen when you manually add an Avast subscription that you purchased via a third-party vendor (for example, a subscription purchased via Google Play Store).
- Expired: This subscription has expired and is no longer valid. You can click Renew Now to purchase a new subscription.
When you purchase an Avast subscription via the official Avast website, auto-billing is enabled by default. This means that your subscription renews at the end of each subscription period unless you manually unsubscribe before the next billing date.
The next billing date for each subscription is shown next to Next charge.
To unsubscribe via your Avast Account:
- Click Unsubscribe in the box for the relevant subscription.
- Click Continue.
- Optionally let us know why you are unsubscribing, then click Unsubscribe.
- Review the details about your canceled subscription, then click Close.
You have unsubscribed from future renewals for this subscription. You receive confirmation by email.
For detailed instructions on how to unsubscribe via your Avast Account, refer to the following article:
Change my payment card details
You can update the payment card details for a single subscription or for all of your Avast subscriptions via your Avast Account:
- Click Update payment card in the box for the relevant subscription.
If you want to update payment card details for all of your Avast subscriptions, click Update payment card in the box for any one of your subscriptions.
- Provide the information for the new payment card under Card details.
- If you want to use the new card details for all of your Avast subscriptions, tick the box next to Use this card for all subscription payments. If you only want to use the new card details for the selected subscription, leave this option unticked.
- Click Update payment card.
Your new payment details are now saved.
For detailed instructions, or to learn about other methods for changing your payment details, refer to the following article:
Add a missing subscription
If one of your purchased Avast subscriptions is not displayed on the My Subscriptions screen, the subscription is not linked to your Avast Account.
To manually link a subscription to your Avast Account:
- Check which email address you provided when you purchased the subscription. This is the email address where you received the order confirmation email.
- Click the Account settings tile.
- Under Email management, click + Add another email.
- Enter the email address that you provided when you purchased the missing subscription, type your Avast Account password, then click Add.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to verify the new email address.
When the new email address is verified, all the subscriptions you purchased with this email address are added to the My Subscriptions screen in your Avast Account.
For more information, refer to the following article:
To learn more about your Avast Account, refer to the following article:
For instructions on transferring your Avast subscription from one device to another, refer to the following article:
If you have additional questions or concerns about managing subscriptions via your Avast Account, contact Avast Support.
- All available Avast consumer products
- All supported operating systems
Updated on: 02/06/2022