Avast Passwords for Mac is a password and data manager that allows you to securely store sensitive information in one place. You can use Avast Passwords to quickly fill in web forms and access your online accounts.
If you already have Avast Security version 13 or lower for Mac installed and you did not uncheck the download option for Avast Passwords during the Avast Security installation, then Avast Passwords is already installed on your Mac.
To open Avast Passwords, go to Tools in Avast Security and click Open in the Avast Passwords section.
Install Avast Passwords
There are two possible ways to install Avast Passwords:
- If you already use Avast Security version 13 or lower for Mac but you unchecked the download option for Avast Passwords during the Avast Security installation, then follow the steps in the Avast Security section below to install Avast Passwords.
- If you do not use Avast Security for Mac or if you use Avast Security for Mac version 14 and higher, then you need to download and install Avast Passwords from the App Store. Follow the steps in the App Store section below to download and install Avast Passwords.
Once Avast Passwords is installed, you can open it directly by clicking the app icon on the menu bar and selecting Open Avast Passwords.
If you experience any installation issues:
- Ensure your Mac meets the minimum system requirements and your operating system is up to date.
- Apple macOS 10.14.x (Mojave), Apple macOS 10.13.x (High Sierra), Apple macOS 10.12.x (Sierra), Apple Mac OS X 10.11.x (El Capitan).
- Intel based Mac computer with 64-bit processor.
- 512 MB RAM or above (1 GB RAM or higher preferred).
- 256 MB minimum hard disk free space.
- Internet connection (to download and register the product, for automatic updates of the program and antivirus database).
- Optimally standard screen resolution not less than 1024 x 768 pixels.
- Restart your Mac and try again to install Avast Passwords by following the instructions in this article.
- Avast Passwords 1.x
- Avast Premium Security 14.x for Mac
- Avast Security 14.x for Mac
- Apple macOS 10.14.x (Mojave)
- Apple macOS 10.13.x (High Sierra)
- Apple macOS 10.12.x (Sierra)
- Apple Mac OS X 10.11.x (El Capitan)