Avast Antivirus collects anonymous data from our users so that we can identify and react to the latest security threats as soon as possible. We collect such data via Avast Antivirus and the Avast Online Security browser extension, and use it to better protect you and all Avast users from online threats. Although we do not publish or share any personally identifiable information, your participation is voluntary. For more details, see the Avast Privacy and Information Security Policy.
To manage your privacy settings, refer to the sections in this article for instructions.
Manage privacy settings in Avast Antivirus
If Avast Antivirus is installed together with the Avast Online Security browser extension, set your data sharing preferences as follows:
- Open the Avast user interface and click Settings.
- Ensure the General tab is selected, then scroll to the bottom and click the downward-facing arrow next to Privacy to expand the section.
- Tick or untick the following options:
- Participate in the Avast community: tick to contribute to generic security-related information, such as malware attacks detected on your PC, which helps us immediately identify and react to the latest security threats. Your participation does not compromise any of your personal information.
- Participate in data sharing: tick to contribute to unidentifiable statistical data that may be shared with third parties but always anonymously.
- Click OK to update your settings preferences.
Your Privacy settings preferences are updated. See the Avast Privacy and Information Security Policy for more details about anonymized data collection.
Manage privacy settings in Avast Online Security
If you use Avast Online Security as a standalone browser extension in Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, accept or decline your contribution to anonymous statistical data by following these steps:
- Click the Avast Online Security icon at the top-right of your browser, then click More settings. The Avast Online Security Settings page opens.
- Tick or untick Data Sharing to participate or opt out, then click Save to apply your changes.
Your Data Sharing preference is updated.
- Avast Ultimate 17.x
- Avast Premier 17.x
- Avast Internet Security 17.x
- Avast Pro Antivirus 17.x
- Avast Free Antivirus 17.x
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1, 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic / Home Premium / Business / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 2, 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows XP Home / Professional / Media Center Edition - Service Pack 3, 32-bit