When you purchase Avast Security Pro, your product should be activated automatically. In some cases, you may need to manually activate Avast Security Pro using a valid activation code (sometimes called a subscription code or voucher code).
Activate Avast Security Pro for Mac
Your activation code can be located in a number of different places depending on the purchase method. For example, in an order confirmation email, on an activation card, or within another Avast product. For instructions on how to locate your activation code, refer to the following article:
To activate Avast Security Pro on your Apple macOS device:
- Click the Avast Menu bar icon and select Open Avast from the context menu.
- Click Preferences, then click Subscription.
- On the Subscription screen, click Insert activation code.
- Type or paste your activation code into the text boxes, then click Activate.
- Enter your administrator credentials, then click Install Helper.
- Your Avast Security Pro subscription is now activated. The expiration date of your subscription appears under Your current subscription.
To transfer your subscription to a different Mac, uninstall Avast Security Pro from your Mac before you activate your subscription on the alternative Mac. For reinstallation instructions, refer to the following articles:
Troubleshoot activation issues
In some cases, subscription synchronization may take up to 24 hours after purchase. If your subscription is still not active after this time, refer to the following article:
- Avast Security 13.x for Mac
- Avast Security Pro 13.x for Mac
- Apple macOS 10.14.x (Mojave)
- Apple macOS 10.13.x (High Sierra)
- Apple macOS 10.12.x (Sierra)
- Apple Mac OS X 10.11.x (El Capitan)
- Apple Mac OS X 10.10.x (Yosemite)