What is Samsung Device Maintenance?
Samsung Device Maintenance is a default app installed on Samsung devices that manages power saving features. In order to reduce battery drain, this Samsung app puts to sleep other apps that run in the background. However, Avast Mobile Security needs to run in the background all the time to ensure the complete and continuous real-time protection and to check every file you open on your device at any moment. Other Avast apps need to run in the background to run security features to provide your mobile device with the maximum protection.
How to prevent Samsung Device Maintenace from stopping Avast apps?
To exclude Avast apps from monitoring by Samsung Device Maintenace:
- Open your Samsung device Settings.
- Select Device Maintenance from the apps list.
- Tap Battery.
- Scroll down and tap Unmonitored apps.
- Tap Add apps.
- Select the Avast app you want to exclude from monitoring and tap Done in the top-right corner.
The app appears on the list of unmonitored apps in Samsung Device Maintenance.
- Avast Mobile Security
- Avast SecureLine VPN for Android
- Avast Cleanup for Android
- Avast Passwords for Android
- Avast Battery Saver for Android
- Avast Wi-Fi Finder for Android
- Google Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean, API 16) or higher