Avast Internet Security is an advanced security software that prevents viruses, spyware, and other malicious threats from infecting your PC. Additionally, it protects you and your data against dangerous fake websites, ransomware, hackers, and spammers while you are online.
Install Avast Internet Security
If you experience any installation issues:
- Ensure your PC meets the minimum system requirements and your Windows is up to date.
- Windows 10; Windows 8/8.1 except RT and Starter Edition (32 or 64-bit); Windows 7 SP1 or higher, any Edition (32 or 64-bit).
- Windows fully compatible PC with Intel Pentium 4 / AMD Athlon 64 processor or above (must support SSE2 instructions).
- 1 GB RAM or above.
- 2 GB free space on the hard disk.
- Internet connection to download, activate, and maintain program updates and antivirus database.
- Optimally standard screen resolution no less than 1024 x 768 pixels.
- Check that the downloaded setup file is not corrupted. For instructions, refer to the following article:
- Uninstall all your previous antivirus software from your PC. For instructions, refer to the following articles:
- Restart your PC, and try again to install Avast Internet Security by following the instructions in this article.
If the issue persists, contact Avast Support and provide your setup log file. For instructions, refer to the following article:
- Avast Internet Security 19.x
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1, 32 / 64-bit