You may receive a notification from Avast Antivirus if one of the following problems occurs:
- Your state is unprotected: applies to all Avast Antivirus versions.
- Your Firewall is turned off: applies to Avast Premier or Avast Internet Security only.
If you experience either of these issues, ensure that your subscription is active. For more information, refer to the relevant article below according to your version of Avast Antivirus:
- Latest versions of Avast Antivirus:
- Older versions of Avast Antivirus:
If your Avast Antivirus is active and the issue persists, repair and update Avast Antivirus, or if necessary, reinstall it. Refer to the sections in this article for instructions.
Repair and update Avast Antivirus
- Follow instructions in the article below to repair and update your version of Avast Antivirus:
- After the repair, ensure that you have the most recent version of Avast Antivirus. For more information, see the following article:
- Restart your computer and check that the issue is resolved. If your system is still not protected or your firewall is still not working, try to reinstall Avast Antivirus.
Reinstall Avast Antivirus
- Uninstall your current version of Avast Antivirus using the Avast Uninstall Utility. For more information, read the following article:
- Restart your computer and ensure that no AVAST Software or ALWIL Software folder is located in
C:\Program Files\. If you do find any of these folders in this location, delete them.
- Install your version of Avast Antivirus, then restart your computer. For detailed instructions, refer to the relevant article below:
- If you did not activate your product during installation, refer to the relevant article below to activate it manually:
Avast Antivirus is now protecting your PC and, if applicable, Firewall is working.
- Avast Premium Security 19.x
- Avast Free Antivirus 19.x
- Avast Omni 1.x
- Avast Premier 19.x
- Avast Internet Security 19.x
- Avast Pro Antivirus 19.x
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Pro / Enterprise / Education - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8 / Pro / Enterprise - 32 / 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic / Home Premium / Professional / Enterprise / Ultimate - Service Pack 1, 32 / 64-bit